• Register Today It's free!

transfer case id

geral

Reaction score
City, State
ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
my transfer case has bit the dust...so i am attempting to find a replacement.
my id tag has the following 4405-07 m1453
475914 f57a-ca

are all the 4405 cases the interchangeable?
i found a used one that supposed to be ...F57A-7A195-CA....is this one usable in my truck?

thanks for the help..

By the looks of it, it *should* be... Not all the 44-05 t-cases are the same, but that one looks about as close as they get! Should bolt up, plug in, and (assuming it's in working condition to start with) work just fine!

I'm afriad to ask though: Why are you replacing it?

the shop that was checking it out said it was too far gone to repair..

In my limited experience with these units, I have yet to hear of one that was too far gone to rebuild. In fact, it's often cheaper to rebuild them better than new than it is to replace one with a remanufactured unit. To replace it with one that's used out of a salvage yard is asking for more headaches down the road.

Can I ask what specifically the shop told you was wrong with it? Just stating 'it'ss bad' would have me looking for another shop. A mechanic worth his salt should explain exactly what led him to that conclusion and why he determined it's bad.

What problems are you having with the case? The 44-05 has some know issues, but there are fixes available for most of them, as far as I know.

-Joe

Back