• Register Today It's free!

transfer case problems

swvadovec

Reaction score
City, State
Richlands, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
My t case will shift from high to low. But the front axle wont engage. Ive replaced the tod relay, the gem, and I even have another tcase. ive hooked the other tcase up with it on the ground, but, I can hold the front yoke while turning the rear one. Ive checked fuses and everything. what could be the problem? tia

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Possibly the clutch pack inside the t case.

I thought that was it on my tcase on the truck. But the one i have off the truck is good. Shouldnt the clutches lock up on it with it off the truck. I also checked the voltage of the brown wire at the tcase. Its .5ish in high and 4.2ish in 4lo. Shouldnt it be 12vdc

I thought that was it on my tcase on the truck. But the one i have off the truck is good. Shouldnt the clutches lock up on it with it off the truck. I also checked the voltage of the brown wire at the tcase. Its .5ish in high and 4.2ish in 4lo. Shouldnt it be 12vdc

You'll have to check with somebody who knows but I thing the voltage for high is 5volts.
And the clutch should lock up when voltage is applied to the brown wire.

Thanks for the info

Back