Dlojack

Reaction score
City, State
Denver co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Eddie
Callsign
Slim
Any one swap on all wheel drive transfer case for a 5 L with the two speed all wheel drive transfer case and all what does involve involveI want to use the one with four high and four low instead of just full time.looking at different Explorers I noticed that some looks like awd with a low range option switch on the dashboard I have wiring in my dashboard for the switch I want to keep my truck all wheel drive I just want to low range options for being in the mountains I don’t want to go to a manual set up I don’t want to go to manual hubs and I’m not interested in 2 Wheel Dr.

Any one swap on all wheel drive transfer case for a 5 L with the two speed all wheel drive transfer case and all what does involve involveI want to use the one with four high and four low instead of just full time
Welcome, and hunt for the many threads that show exactly that being done. It's the BW 4406 transfer case you want, if it's the manual shift version there are several good threads showing it and listing the parts needed. You can use drive shafts from certain versions of the F150's and Expeditions, in the 1998-2002 range.

Back