transmission and O/D off light.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

transmission and O/D off light....

jeffseal

Reaction score
City, State
Alpharetta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
O/D light is flashing on and off................

also my tranny went out a couple months ago since then i have put less than 300 miles on it. Aamco fixed the tranny under warrenty but it was shifting pretty hard when i picked it back up. When i brought it in it had to be towed, first gear was completely gone.

they "fixed it in end of nov and the aamco warrenty was up in dectember.... any ideas on either problem or if they did a "quick fix" to the tranny so it would fail shortly down the road???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the o/d light flashing is basically a check engine light for the tranny. they could have done a quick fix or something else could have gone wrong there is no way to tell without opening it up. i would get the codes read and go from there

uh oh. i was driving yesterday and noticied the "o/d off" light flashing. when i drove it later that day the flashing had stopped. it has not flashed since. should i be worried?

you have an 02 should be under warranty probrally just a fluke but the code should be saved in the computer. if it were me i would get it looked at because if something is messed with they tranny than i would not want to pay for it. but like i said before it is probraly a fluke

FYI - Ford is only one i know of to read tranny codes. ive tried autozone, advance, even tranny shops here. they all couldnt. Ford hooked it up to a PC and told me the code.

good luck!

called aamco, they did a rebuild on it 300 miles ago, siad it was probly something small so i am going to bring it in tonight. aamco can read the codes on my 95 ford explorer.

Originally posted by jeffseal
called aamco, they did a rebuild on it 300 miles ago, siad it was probly something small so i am going to bring it in tonight. aamco can read the codes on my 95 ford explorer.

even tranny codes? thats cool. maybe the shops here didnt want my business unless i was paying them the thousands to rebuild it.

cause the tranny codes have a special port. it not the same as the OBD II.

good luck and let us know what it is.

Back