• Register Today It's free!

Transmission Cooler Questions

ubtripn

Reaction score
City, State
Boise
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer
I am going to go ahead and add one to my 93 since I do not have the towing package. I have searched all over the forum. I only have a couple questions.

Is it best to mount in series after the radiator cooler? (I once had a rad break and cost me a tranny but that is a rare occurrence.)

I am going to use a stacked plate in front of the radiator. The two connections on it are on the same side, is it best to have them oriented on the top or bottom when mounting the cooler?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need to take mine off, as I no longer need it, and I will check the lines to see how they are run from the factory. Might not get to it until this weekend, but 8 will let you know.

Stacked plates trap air easier then others. Reccomended mounting orientation is fittings up. Having said that, mine is mounted fittings down and I have not had an issue. Who knows, perhaps I am only getting 1/2 of the cooling I could get but it stays cool.

Ok, thanks guys and thanks for telling me what you find.

doesnt matter which way the fittings go keep it simple most airflow and less interference with lines and other objects should be your main considerations.

Back