Transmission electrical connecter search | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission electrical connecter search

mutti_wilson

Reaction score
City, State
Battle Ground, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' 4dr XLT
I replaced my A4LD in my 94 ex and i cannot for the life of me find where this one connector's home is. This wire T's off of the main one that runs in the drivers side frame rail about at the back of the tranny. Can those of you with a Gen 1 find this and let me know? Thanks alot!

Sorry about the pic. It's a horrible cell phone pic.

Attachments

• img027 (Medium) (Small).jpg
    img027 (Medium) (Small).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 354

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How far back on that rail ? I'll crawl under and look.

It comes off the main line near the transfer case. It's a 2 wire (red, and grayish i think). The wire is about 1.5ft long. Thanks.

Yep, that's it. Now, the only thing is where does it go?

mutti_wilson
I just went to autozone and got a new VSS (VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR) mine was broken where the connector hooks up.

THATS THE SWITCH AND CONNECTOR IN PICTURE BELOW.

I need to be more careful in the future.

BTW, THANKS TO BrooklynBay, FOR IDENTIFYING THE SWITCH FOR ME TO KNOW MINE WAS BROKEN.

Hope this helps,
Johnny

100_1088.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I'm still stumped. I took some pics of my old tranny and if you could just tell me where it plugs into i'd love it. The only have about 1.5ft of wire where it comes off the frame so i can't go much farther than the transfer case, and there is nothing to plug into there. Does this plug into the transmission or another wire somewhere?

Attachments

• DSCN5787 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN5787 (Medium).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 300
  • DSCN5788 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN5788 (Medium).JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 287

Might be your transfer case -- looks like its missing a rear VSS sensor (see attached image at the bottom for sensor location).

The sensor looks like this:
ff1016-1.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN5787.jpg
    DSCN5787.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 327

Back