• Register Today It's free!

transmission going out?????

Jake Jackson

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Escape Titanium
HEY GUYS I GOT A PROBLEM. MY EXPLORER DID NOT WANT TO COME OUT OF FIRST GEAR TODAY WHILE DRIVING. I WAS GOING TO WORK AND IT HIT RED LINE AND STILL WOULD NOT CHANGE.

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM BUT IS THERE ANY THING THAT I CAN DO TO HELP IT

ANY SUGESTIONS????

PLEASE HELP!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry, Jake.... no one wants this kind of news just before Xmas. If it was modulator, it would shift - rpms would be high but it would shift.

Lets just say that the A4LD was NOT one of Henrys better ideas....

Could be some trash in the filter. Have you changed or cleaned it lately? Just a thought.

Mine was doing the same thing two weeks ago and ended up needing a complete rebuild. but check the fluid level while the tranny is hot and make sure it's at the correct level. good luck

My dad had the same problem in his 94. It would not shift out of first gear, but if you drove it for a mile or so, it would shift when it started warming up.
It would then be fine from then on until it was left to cool down for hours, then same problem.
Unfortunatly, he had to get it rebuilt. I hope you can at least drive it to heat it up so you are not stranded.

mine was doing the mile or so thing then it would shift but now it has stopped doing that too so i can't even drive it any more. i think i might part it out b/c i cant afford to fix it:( i will have to get a new car soon and that might mean leaving the explorer world all together

i hope i can get another exp....

jake

Back