• Register Today It's free!

transmission i need alil help

extrmndor3

Reaction score
City, State
CHICago
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 FORD EXPLORER
What's zup guys? Well, I bought a shift solenoid and a filter from www.transmissionpartsusa.com.

I thought I had a 4R70W transmission, but it wasn't.. So I need to know what transmission I have, and which solenoid I need.

The code that I have is P0756: shift solenoid B performance or stuck off.

My truck Is an Explorer4x4 or awd 1996 automatic XLT.

If you could tell me which solenoid is the correct one for my needs I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks guys.:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com...5E_transmission_solenoids_p/609-00056841u.htm

Let me explain how I got here. I looked up your year in the link posted by BillJ. Once I found your type, I went to your link to transmissionpartsUSA and entered the transmission type, and looked until I found a shift solenoid. That should be the one you need. Good luck.

The 5R55E Valve body rebuild diary in the "stickies at the top can pinpoint which one is the B or SS2 solenoid (two ways of saying the same thing). Most any other questions should be answered there for you.

extmndor3 if you click the link you posted it is for the Home > Transmission Parts > Foreign Mfg (Japan) > Mazda > Mazda Rear Wheel Drive transmissions > 4R44E, 4R55E, 5R55E, 4 & 5 speed transmission > Solenoids & Switches > and if you take a look at the link glacier was so kind enough to look up and post for you Home (> TECKPAK Transmission solenoids, tools & Trans swap kits > Solenoids > Ford >) its probably gonna be a safe bet that the correct one for your X is the one glacier posted for you ;)

I think either will be ok. I think the one you posted is probably an OEM (Bosch) and the one I posted was an aftermarket brand. These are pretty simple on-off type solenoids and the one I posted is way cheaper and should work fine.

ok i juzz ordered it should be here by monday and do you know wich one its the shift soleoind?? since inside the oil pan it has 3 solenoids one its the torque converter i think and two are shift solenoids do you know wich one its the one i need to replace?? my code its the shift solenoid B performance or stuck off

The 5R55E Valve body rebuild diary in the "stickies" at the top can pinpoint which one is the B or SS2 solenoid (two ways of saying the same thing). Most any other questions should be answered there for you.

Guy... you are going to have do a LITTLE self help here. READ!

ok my friends my solenoid willa r rive by monday well i already read all almost all first pages of the sticky its very interesting they show me the solenoids and where are they are localed. my code is P0756 Shift Solenoid B Performance or Stuck Off and there are 4 solenoidson my transmission right. well. i htink the shift performance B means about the second shift solenoid.

so in the main valve body there 4 solenoids in a row those are the main solenoid right? well the first its not a shift solenoid then there are two shift solenoids that are between some solenoid and the epc. well the first will be the A shift solenoid then the B solenoid and then the epc solenoid and at the bottom corner the C solenoid and the d solenoid im i right??? butt heres a E shift solenoid code too.

looking DOWN onto the VB from the separator plate side (in other words separator plate side UP)... in the grouping of 4 solenoids, with those positioned at the bottom closest to you...the rightmost Solenoid is the EPC, next to it is the SSB (YOUR Solenoid that is bad) then the SSC and the the TCC.

i changed the solenoid the B one and i know i changed the right one and now it shift pretty good but my check engine lighted up again

and what code do you have? We NEED to know the code.

well i will tell you wat happen.. i used to have the code P0756: shift solenoid B performance or stuck off.

well i isntalled the solenoid with everything good, the tranmission was runnign better... but i disconnected the battery because the code was on so i left the car with the battery disconected for the night so when iwas drivin to autozone to pick up more transmission fluid i got it i fill the tranny with the fluid so i was drivin back to my house and the check engined lighted up i dont know wat code but im pretty sure its the same code....

the code is P0756 Shift Solenoid B Performance or Stuck Off

i told the autozone guy to erased the code since i went back to autozone.. well ias drivin around 30 mins and the check engine ligth didint comeout. when i went to autozone and my check engine lighted up i drove aroun 10 mins..

i think imght get away with it and now finally i can pass the emission test.

Back