• Register Today It's free!

Transmission = Late :(

kvkustoms

Reaction score
City, State
Hopewell Junction
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hey all, new to the boards so first I'll say hello.

I purchased my 95 eb explorer about 3 months ago, ran very strong, got a pretty decent deal on it. 3 months later my tranny goes to **** and pretty much lost 1st gear on the way to the tranny shop. Anybody know what the average going price on a rebuild is? I had a quote of around 2K. Is this legitimate?

Thanks! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hopewell rules!!!
Just a shout out...
2K for a tranny rebuilt seems about right, make sure it's a reputable shop. I would also find out what exactly causes tranny to slip, before they rebuild the whole thing. After you find out, post it here and I'm sure somebody will help you.
See you around!

Do you still have manual 1, manual 2, and reverse. Check to see if it operates differently in D instead of OD.

i dont have a 95 i have a 94 which i had rebuilt by lee myles @ 96,000 and im at 126,000 now and its already starting to be moody and give me agrivation i just dont know what to do i thought they were a very reputable place and im not saying its all there fault but 30,000 mi and its starting to go again isnt a good thing

95expledbau said:
Hopewell rules!!!
Just a shout out...
2K for a tranny rebuilt seems about right, make sure it's a reputable shop. I would also find out what exactly causes tranny to slip, before they rebuild the whole thing. After you find out, post it here and I'm sure somebody will help you.
See you around!

Big Hopewell in the house! LOL

Anyway not too sure if you're familiar with the area but I took it to consumer transmission off of 55 in lagrange/poughkeepsie. We'll see what happens. I still haven't got it back yet. 2 weeks :thumbdwn:

Opera House said:
Do you still have manual 1, manual 2, and reverse. Check to see if it operates differently in D instead of OD.

I still had 1, 2 reverse, didn't make a difference in o/d or just d. It was much worse in 1 than any other gear and the shift to 2nd was horrible. CRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK bang

:roll:

Back