Transmission Line Leaking | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission Line Leaking

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As you "think", just get the appropriate brass to hose fitting that goes directly into the rad... choose wisely for the hose size that fits over the existing flare line.... just push the flare nut back at bit, slip on the hose, clamp and your done. It won't be a problem as it isn't a high pressure flow.

About $17 and 45 minutes later, my leak is fixed, and wonderfully so! BubbaFL, you should definitely give this a go.

Well it turns out this was only part of the problem... It's also leaking from between the radiator and that large brass nut. At this point, I'm probably going to caulk it, and call it a day.

be very careful here.... cause if you have a leak that allows "intermixing"... your transmission isn't going to like it... :-( hopefully that leak is external and NOT a symptom that the entire connection is "weak".

I know it's not doing interleaking, because the part that actually seals the rad is the large black looking 'nut'. When I checked thiings out before, that definitely wasn't leaking. I have a few options here: That brass nut is available at the autoparts store, so I could replace it. I'm likely going to try that, but if that doesn't work, I'm going to caulk around that nut. I need to drive this car for 2600 miles when august comes. I can't leave this leak alone.

Back