Transmission PO756 Question...?

thashine

Reaction score
City, State
New Haven, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi,

I am having the flashing O/D light, & 2nd gear shift problem with my 1996 ford Explorer. Had the code read and they said it was a PO756 Shift B Solenoid.

1) I would like to know should I replace all of them?
2) Where can I buy them from for a good price?
3) What is the exact name of the part because when i call places about the part and say a transmission shift solenoid they seem like they are not clear as to exactly what I'm talking about.

Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! WWW.TransmissionPartsUSA.Com sells these parts. The sticky thread in the transmission section called the 5R55E valve body rebuild diary explains how to repair/replace/troubleshoot. It would be a good idea to update your profile with your vehicle's information.

Thank you, I bought my pieces I actually had that place matched up before i came to the forum so good to know i was on the right track.
I am going to re-read that post you gave me and does it have step by step instructions for the solenoid? (like if i have to turn off the battery, ect....)

Lastly I need to replace my Shift B solenoid is that in the front (where the 4 are located) or in the back? (where the 2 are located)

I will be replacing 2 together but i just need to know which 2 i am pulling and what do i use to pull them out?

Also, Is this info in the Haynes manual because i cant find it if it is? If you know a page let me know.

I pulled the solenoids, swapped them and tested them. Got a reading of 28 on all 4 of the ones that were the same but the diagnostic is still giving me solenoid B.

What else can it be?:(

Back