• Register Today It's free!

Transmission tcc solenoid

gregmsheets

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
Hi, first time posting my question is my 01 sport Trac ran great for years then all of a sudden I pulled into the driveway but when I got back in my truck maybe 3 hours later I started my truck and it started to idle bad like it was running on 4 cylinders I put it in reverse same thing put in drive just as bad I tried to drive it and it would just stall, there was a check engine light on so I checked it I got numerous codes p0743 tcc solenoid , p0750 A , p0755 B , p0760 C , p0765 D , p1451 evap , p0135 o2 bank 1, p0155 bank 2, p1747 epc solenoid short ? . Now I do drop the transmission pan and removed the tcc solenoid cleaned it and tested it and it works. But now I have no clue what to do can someone please help? Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm no trans expert, but with all the non-trans codes you've listed it sounds like you burned up an entire wire harness.

I'm no trans expert, but with all the non-trans codes you've listed it sounds like you burned up an entire wire harness.
Thank you I will take a look at it right now.

Check to see if the external wiring harness melted against the exhaust, or if there's corrosion on the pins. Check the internal wiring harness from point to point with a continuity tester.
Thank you I'll check it out right now

Hello, I do not know if you already fixed your ride but whenever you have a several codes like that especially with different types of components involved it usually is a short of some kind. start off with your fuses and that will indicate where you need to start looking. bold move looking right at your tcc but at least you were able to service your trans :)

Back