Transmission...

scritt83

Reaction score
City, State
Harrisburg,IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Expl. S Trac,02 Expl.
2002 Explorer XLT 4.0L 4X4 5R55S Trans

1- Didn't want to shift into 2nd without letting off gas.
2- Wouldn't stay in overdrive.
3- O/D lights flashing.
4- P0775 Code.

Decided to attempt the servo bore fix. Also changed fluid/filter. Also reset computer. All seemed like back to normal afterwards. Then about 200 miles later started having problems of not going into gear. Only has Park and Neutral. Have to shift through all gears several times before it'll engage. No lights flashing or shifting problems currently.

Planned on doing another fluid change about this time also since I didn't flush and fluid was dirty.

Could it be the solenoids?

Trying to figure what to do next before I decide on a new/used/rebuilt trans...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2002 Explorer XLT 4.0L 4X4 5R55S Trans

1- Didn't want to shift into 2nd without letting off gas.
2- Wouldn't stay in overdrive.
3- O/D lights flashing.
4- P0775 Code.

Decided to attempt the servo bore fix. Also changed fluid/filter. Also reset computer. All seemed like back to normal afterwards. Then about 200 miles later started having problems of not going into gear. Only has Park and Neutral. Have to shift through all gears several times before it'll engage. No lights flashing or shifting problems currently.

Planned on doing another fluid change about this time also since I didn't flush and fluid was dirty.

Could it be the solenoids?

Trying to figure what to do next before I decide on a new/used/rebuilt trans...

P0775 "Pressure Control Solenoid B, circuit shorted"
Low/No line pressure (operating pressure). Install pressure gauge to confirm, if pressure not there, check Solenoid coil resistance, normal 3.5 to 7 ohms, check for short to ground, if OK should have very high resistance between either coil connection and ground (Key OFF of course).

P0775 "Pressure Control Solenoid B, circuit shorted"
Low/No line pressure (operating pressure). Install pressure gauge to confirm, if pressure not there, check Solenoid coil resistance, normal 3.5 to 7 ohms, check for short to ground, if OK should have very high resistance between either coil connection and ground (Key OFF of course).
Will try when I can get it in the air. Thanks!

Solenoid pack.
Replaced 2 in 2 years

@davidmmm69
Either you drive an awful lot of miles, or should quit buying cheap Chinese ****! ;)

NO and NO

The first was bought from Josh Cartwright from central valve bodies...
Along with the new valvebody itself.
It was one year and 7 days the I'd light blinking and turns out the temperature sensor was bad.

I don't think that place sells "cheap Chinese ****"

What moron would spend the time to rip open a transmission to install "cheap Chinese ****" into the transmission....

Only drive it in the winter. 270000 miles approximately....

NO and NO

The first was bought from Josh Cartwright from central valve bodies...
Along with the new valvebody itself.
It was one year and 7 days the I'd light blinking and turns out the temperature sensor was bad.

I don't think that place sells "cheap Chinese ****"

What moron would spend the time to rip open a transmission to install "cheap Chinese ****" into the transmission....

Only drive it in the winter. 270000 miles approximately....
@davidmmm69

Easy now, I was only "funnin' " you! I have bought and used a fair amount of cheap stuff and not regretted it (yet)! imp

Back