• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Trim Removal...

hostile413

Reaction score
City, State
Pekin, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 E.B. AWD
i searched for a thread about removing the fender trim on a 96 e.b. with no luck, its the trim that goes from the fender along the rocker panels to the rear fender, it looks pretty simple to remove, but my question is after i remove it, are ther holes under the trim that will show?..thought i'd ask before i remove it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

FreeWheelin4x4

Reaction score
City, State
York, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4.0 OHV 3.55
On my 95 xlt there are holes.

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
Yes, lots of holes. Use a trim removal tool, or a screwdriver with rounded edges, not sharp. Sit down and use your hands and screwdriver to get behind the trim. Gently get your fingers and the tool behind the trim, while not scrstching the paint. Use your hands to create leverage against the fender, pulling outward behind the trim.

You will need to pull the trim from each connector, outward, one at a time. Good luck,

hostile413

Reaction score
City, State
Pekin, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 E.B. AWD
thanks for the info guys