Photos - Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005

Felix

Reaction score
City, State
Ewa Beach, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited 4.6
I just got home from the trail and figured might as well start the thread.

I have not gotten any of my stuff unpacked as of yet. Though I will be posting pictures either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Rick, please use your admin/god powers to put links for everyones pics on here. Thank you, Mark.

I had a blast, and it was great to see all those friends we have not seen in a couple of years. It was also nice to meet some new faces.

My Photos: http://www.explorerforum.com/data/showgallery.php?cat=3388

Rick's Photos: http://www.explorerforum.com/truckhaven_2005/Truck Haven 2005.htm

Jefe's Photos: http://www.jefethegreat.com/truck/pics_05/01-15-05_Thaven/

Stic-o's Video: http://www.jefethegreat.com/stic-o/Th-2.wmv (30megs)

Rick's Campfire Photos: http://www.explorerforum.com/thaven05_fire/thaven05_fire.htm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got home and again as always had a blast. I'll be posting my pictures tomorrow. It was good to see everyone that made it out there. Rick, can't wait to see the 2nd annual burning of the christmas trees fire gif. :eek: :thumbsup:

I had a blast this weekend. Big thanks to db1 jefe and tdavis for the seats throughout the weekend on the trips. The turnout was pretty much all bigdawgs with myself and stico being the only ones without lockers. I left my truck at camp as to not hold the group up till the night run when in 1.5 hours I had to be straped out twice pushed twice and dented the bed bent the rear bumper and cracked a tail light. I hate a/t tires open diffs and a little mud.

The potluck was great as well. The noddle thing Char mad was excelent the potato salid from fakrwee was increddable (even though he stood over you and made sure everyone took some :D )and t davis provinding burgers and hotdogs made it excellent.

This was my 4th annual trip and had a blast. Wish more stockers would have shown up so I would have had some people to go out with on saturday. Was great to hang out with people i have known from the board over the last four years and meet a few new ones as well.

That was a blast. Wasn't nearly enough play time out there, but we had fun just the same. :thumbsup:

I did better with taking pictures this run. . a whole 9. :D

http://www.jefethegreat.com/truck/pics_05/01-15-05_Thaven/

On the way home, a few miles before getting to Johns house my dashlights went out. I flipped the headlight switch off, and back on, and my headlights were good so I figured it was just the dash. We pull up to Johns and he tells me that my parking lights all went out too. :eek: So we unload, and I start checking fuses. I finally find one of the fuses under the hood to be dead, so I pop in a new 15A and flip the switch and everything comes back to life. . .so I start heading home. Pull in to the gas station and fill up and the dash goes dead again. So, I pull my switch panel and trace down all the dash wiring that I've patched into (indiglo dash and other gauges) and disconnect everything. Pop in another fuse and it blows right away. Check all the dash wiring again and cant think of anywhere else I've patched in, so I go check parking light wiring and trailer harness. Thats all good, and then I finally see my rear licence plate light wire pinched between the jerry can and its mount. put some tape on it, put a new fuse in and drive home. So now I get to go put my car back together. :rolleyes:

Great run! ;)

I've uploaded Pictures into the computer as well as "Video" :D

Got some footage going down one of those really steep hills. Lets just say I think it's scarier in the video! :eek:

Work'n on music for the video.

Good run though guys, nice to see some familiar faces and a few I have known on the board but never meet.

Down with Tupperware! :shoot:

Tease :D

12287Rick.jpg

Signing up for pics!

It was nice to see everyone again and meet some new people. Potluck turned out great, I sure could use some more of those brownies though :D Thanks to Brian for the use of the BBQ, I'm gonna have to get one because waiting for a campfire to get going takes forever.
I felt a cold coming on Fri night so I wasn't sure how I was gonna feel next morning. Sure enough I woke up with some more symptoms but I was determined to have a good time anyways. On our big run on Sat. Felix pointed out that my overload leafs have shifted out of place and normally I don't think anything of it because that usually happens when I go wheelin but this time they were rubbing on my tires and it was really buggin' me. My IROK's are much wider and have gnarly lugs that stick out and grab the overload leaf much easier.
Looks like I'll be ordering a new leaf pack pretty soon, the bushings in my current pack are wasted anyhow.
See you guys at the next adventure :thumbsup:

Glad to be back offroading with such a great group of people. It was fun seeing old friends and personally meeting the few I didn't know. The group was experienced and knew what they were doing. The rigs were awesome. Thanks to all that kept looking after me so I wouldn’t screw up my ankle again.

The pot luck was great, especially the potatoe salad :D

Looking foward to the next one. I broke my bad luck when I burned the evil boots. :fire:

Attachments

• FrtFlex.jpg
    FrtFlex.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 467

I dont think you guys are getting enough flex these days....geeesh!!

Sorry I missed this one :( Glad all is well and it doesnt appear any flop overs or exploding propane tanks were present, not sure if thats a good or bad thing???

:)

My parts were supposed to be in Tues got here Friday at 7pm, turned out they sent stuff for a 28 spline instead of a 31 spline so my truck is still in pieces. Sounds like it was a good time.

410Fortune said:
I dont think you guys are getting enough flex these days....geeesh!!
Nope, not nearly enough. . .everybody got to see me lift a tire. :eek: Guess its back to the drawing board. :D

So the question of the day is, "Did Tom Davis make it through a T-haven trip without breaking anything?" :D

Diff Wack Daddy said:
So the question of the day is, "Did Tom Davis make it through a T-haven trip without breaking anything?"

No he didn't. As usual he broke within the first hour. Luckily it was just the power steering belt which he went into town and bought 2 so he would have a spare should it happen again. I think he had a starter problem but it didn't keep him from wheeling. After that I don't think he had any other problems. He led us on most of the day on Sunday. It was a great trip. Oh ya I for got that DB 1 and BKennedy felt the wrath of me on the washes too.

That usually happens in the washes. I have seen many try to keep up with you and fail.

Fenderguy said:
Kevin,
The 5 gallon bucket of beans was talked about and missed!

I am sure Char missed the MAC salad too. I will bring both next year. I am already planning for the trip.

dreamr said:
Enough chatter already, where are all the pictures?????? :D :D

I am sure there are still quite a few that are either still driving home or haven't even left yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SANY0004.jpg

Looks like somebody found the mud there. You must have hit that puddle doing about 30 to get it up on the roof like that.

Back