Trip Report: Truckhaven CA Thanksgiving pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trip Report: Truckhaven CA Thanksgiving pics

Dannyboy

Other Make & Models Mod
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
43°48′48″N 91°13′59″W
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4 do'
Well, I made my way back to an Explorer run in Truckhaven, met some new people and hooked up with some of the group from the past.
For a group that didn't get into too many trails that challenged us, we managed to still limp most of our trucks back.

TDavis probably had the worst luck starting about 180 miles from camp with a blown out trailer tire. Then ended on the first day with a clutch that was juiced.

I had a clicking noise coming from my rear locker, it got progressively worse but I mananged to get two day runs and 1 night run in without needing assistance. Currently my back drivers wheel will not get any power. Cause yet to be known.

RangerX managed to catch a light lens but again impressed me with his TTB on 37s wheeling (yup 37s, it can be done if you know how to use your equipment) wheeling all weekend with a weak clutch

Jefe again impressed us with attempts at obstacles that no one else cared to break their trucks on. I think the only damage he took home was some new rash.

Unfortunatly Brian Kennedy's pride and rear door were dinged when his showroom truck suffered some rash when he hugged a wall.

We had a great group of trucks of many builds but all ran together. Friday night we had an interesting run and were able to kill all the lights and run under the full moon. After doing my best to kill every beer in my cooler I managed to knock my tent off the flatbed and put my foot through the floor nearly breaking my face because I stepped off the edge of the trailer.

My photos are pretty weak but hopefully everyone can toss a couple up here.

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 433
  • jefe cj hill.jpg
    jefe cj hill.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 818
  • black ex.jpg
    black ex.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 413

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TTIUWMP!!!!!!

(This thread is usless without MORE pics) ;)

Just got home about an hour ago. Had fun on Sunday, after you all bailed out because of a little wind storm. :D :D :D

Took my Pops on a ride all over the main sights of Truckhaven on Sunday, and yes, it was windy all friggin day.

Had fun, and the little rash I got on my door is the biggest ding to date. But I'm over it and ready to go out again. My Wife looked at it and said we should get it fixed............I don't think so, then I would have to fix all the other dings only to scratch it all up again.

BKennedy said:
Had fun, and the little rash I got on my door is the biggest ding to date. But I'm over it and ready to go out again. My Wife looked at it and said we should get it fixed............I don't think so, then I would have to fix all the other dings only to scratch it all up again.

That's Hilarious, Brian's truck can go places and is cleaner than most bone stock 1st gens that never hit any dirt. It's a great looking rig. Post up some of those photos you took at the Phone booth. I only have about 15 total photos :(

None of the phone booth pics came out because I had the camera on the wrong setting.

The real reason I was bummed out about rubbing the door on the rocks, is that I knew I could not make it and tried it anyway. Its okay when you scratch up the truck attempting something you think you have a chance of making, but just plain stupid when you already know it ain't gonna happen, then do it anyway. I was mad at myself for acting like a dumbass.

Look at it this way Brian, once the first little rash is there, the second comes much easier:D

Diff Whack Daddy said:
Look at it this way Brian, once the first little rash is there, the second comes much easier:D

And after a couple more you just cut your Explorer in half like I just did this morning :) Shhhhhhh

:eek: to my CJ hill pic.

That was a blast. It was great to wheel with a bunch of very capable rigs. There was just the one obstacle that I walked up w/o even locking the front and leaving everyone else behind. :p Course the other two obstacles where I needed the front lockers help, it decided it'd rather be a L/S. :shoot: Thanks to Colin and John for keeping me upright coming down that one obstacle. :chug:

Unfortunately I never got out my camera, and I don't think John even brought one, so we are picture-less. :(

Oh, and we HAVE to do the light-less night run again sometime. :thumbsup:

All my pics are here

We made it back safe but it took a while. We never made it faster than 55 mph the whole way back so it just took forever. Bill, those plugs in Shelby's tire didn't even make it to that Arco. We didn't get home until 12:00a.m. We drove around trying to find someone that could fix or change the tire for us and people were giving us the runaround. Long story short, we made it to Pep-Boys and saw that they had a used 31 all terrain to they put that on her wheel for us. She has 32s but since no locker it didn't matter. Before that, taking off the flat again another stud broke off so there were only two left. Luckily they it was a six lug pattern and the two that were left were exactly opposite of each other. I drove it home for her just incase the wheel were to fly off. Took it nice and slow and made it home alright. Anyway, we had a great time. It was good to see the few that showed up and I'm looking forward to the January run.

Jefe I email you two pics that I have. If you could post them for me that would be cool.

Those pics are awesome, looks like a lot of fun :thumbsup:

Damn.........hate to miss this one.
looking good fella'a!

Where's Rick???

I will make it out one of these days. I have so many damn projects going on for school that its making it hard to do anything. I should make the Jan Trip. Good to see everyone made it ok.

Jefe said:
Unfortunately I never got out my camera, and I don't think John even brought one, so we are picture-less. :(

Oh, and we HAVE to do the light-less night run again sometime. :thumbsup:
Actually, I did bring one, but I only got it out once or twice. I'll post pics once I get back in the office.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back