Trip to Southern California | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trip to Southern California

David99XLT

Reaction score
I will be driving down to Southern Cali next week from the Northwest and was wondering if anyone would like to get together and have some fun. I know there are some great areas to go and would like to get together with some fellow members. Let me know if anyone is interested. Sorry about the short notice, I just decided to go.

------------------
99 XLT 4x4
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey David,
I'm new to the scene and have just recently installed a 5 1/2" super lift on my 94 xlt.
I'm looking for some fun if it fits my work schedule.
Where exactly are you headed and what days?
Talk at ya later, Guff.

I guess I should have put the important info such as dates and place, sorry. I will actually be in the Palm Springs area and possibly the San Diego area. I will be leaving here on 5-9 and should be leaving California on 5-16.

------------------
99 XLT 4x4
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

I don't know if you're interested in some mildly technical runs, but I'm going to be staying in La Quinta (near Rancho Mirage, I think) with some friends which is in the general area you are talking about. We might run Rattlesnake Canyon on Saturday the 20th. If not, it will be Truckhaven Hills. On the 21st, it will be Rockhouse Canyon. This place is a ton of fun and will give you a taste of what this area is all about.

-Ken

------------------
-----------------------
-Ken '94 Ranger XLT 4.0l w/K&N, 2" Perf. Accessories Body Lift, 2.5" Rancho Susp., 32" TSL-SX's

Oh, duh! I didn't catch those dates. I would like to run either in Joshua Tree or up in the San Bernardino Mtns if you're up for that. I took on Gold Mine Trail, and it was amazing. Off-camber 1foot staircases that should test your tires! Either this or Black Eagle Mine trail out in Joshua Tree Natl park would be fun. Get back with me if this is of interest.

------------------
-----------------------
-Ken '94 Ranger XLT 4.0l w/K&N, 2" Perf. Accessories Body Lift, 2.5" Rancho Susp., 32" TSL-SX's

Back