Tripometer for 2000 Explorer XLS?

bwinterroth

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS V6 SOHC
Hi,

My XLS didn't come with a tripometer obviously and was wondering if there is a digital tripometer accessory available for my X that I can hook up to the dash. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not to say there isn't one - but I don't believe I've seen one. Look into some gauge companies websites. Autometer is a good company - Dakota Digital (http://www.dakotadigital.com) might be able to make something for you or head you in the right direction. Good luck.

-Drew

I assume you drive around with it connected all the time, I've only read a little but. But that does alot for little money. What is the price usually for one??

yeah, I have mine wired and mounted.
I got mine about a year ago and it was an introductory rate for $100.00 and change.

The trip information is very useful, the code reader pays for it self and the guages are great to have.

I think the going price right now is about $130, which is damn good for something that functional, what would be involved in wiring it in, or can I just connect it to my OBDII port?

Lookslike you just connect it to the ODBII port

I'll have to start saving my pennies, I'm loving the features this thing has.

I got mine a week ago and it is awesome. I am going to use it to try and pin down a low fuel mix error causing the check engine light to come on. It is too cool to read and clear the codes while I am driving. (Plus the Miles Per Gallon is very interesting.)

bwinterroth said:
Lookslike you just connect it to the ODBII port

exactally

Back