Troll's New Intake and Gauges!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Troll's New Intake and Gauges!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blk mk8

Reaction score
City, State
brother
Year, Model & Trim Level
Troll's
Troll got a new Victor 5.0 Intake for my truck and it revs alot quicker. I also put some custom gauges in and they
look real cool. Check them out!!!!!

he has posted them in the modified section but i did notk now how many of you guys hung out over there so i figured you guys mite like to see it as well because you guys would like it.

guages.jpg

victor50.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there is another thread on the boards about this... it was purchased yesterday

i know there was another thread about it but i just wanted to make shure that you guys saw it over here. it seemed you guys mite like it a little more then some of the other sections do. i drove it last night and it runs great.it is pretty cool calibrating the speedometer it is .02 miles off at 80 on the GPS.

those are nice guages and i love the intake. its pretty cool lookin

Wow, I love that truck- was that the original 302 at one point? Any of you guys goin up to Truxpo in Daytona this weekend?

No oil pressure or voltage gauge? Man I could not live without mine. Well I could but I would hate life. Did you calibrate your speedo and tach because I doubt your Explorer goes 160 MPH and revs to 10,000 RPM's?

Kyle - I don't know what the current specs of the Troll are, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did indeed hit 160...

yeh im pretty sure it doesnt rev up to 10k. but i wouldnt be suprised either if it did hit 160. fast truck...

well his truck has gone 160 on the dyno before and it has gone 140 plus before with the old motor that only made 380 hp now he has close to 700 hp at the fly so i am pretty sure it will pull all of fourth gear. the tach only come that way they dont sell race tachs that go to 6 grand because most race cars rev a lot higher although troll motor is goof for 7000 with the right cam. the speedo is wicked when you calibrate it is dead on at 80 mph compared to most stock ones that are off by a little it is full electronic and can be recalibrated any time he wants for new gears or tires. we tested it agianst his GPS. oh i all most forgot he has oil pressure as well as fuel but you guys dont do your home work so i will help you out. the volt meter is on its way though. we posted these a while back on the sport truck section but you guys must have missed it we had better pic but i cant find them.
troll-stereo-10-00.jpg

How did you build those gauges? and what did you use?

Ya, those gauges went into the console a few weeks after I put mine in, though Troll's look nicer.

View

alec if you want we could make you a setup like ours of course any way you want it with in resone. any one here want to race yet.

I bet it's pricey but how much would that gauge cluster cost to make?

BlkMk8,

I don't think anyone is fast enuf to want to race Troll!

I want to see a video of Troll vs. the 5.0 Miata!!!

well i dont think the Miata will be up to the task yet because he is still scared of breaking parts off it yet. the explorer would win most likly depending on the setup of both cars. there are a bunch of difrent setups they run depending on how things are but only a any given day run the explorer would win but if they would drag racing with slick the miata will win. the miata made 400 rear wheel hp and weights in at 2600 with driver the explorer weighed in at 4600 with drive the last time he weighed it. the Miata has a 160 shot that the owner has never sprayed because he is scared of it still. with every done right at the track the miata should go 10's and the explorer should go 11's but the street is a difrent thing totaly. ( a console would run i belive around 200 but that does not include the gauges you would need to tell me which ones and how you want it first before i could give you a better idea it could cost less of course but i wont know till i do it.

Troll, Everyone else,

Can we say "Woo Rah!"

anyways more about these gauges!!!

1. How much money we talkin??
2. How can i get em?
3. What kinds are available?

I really want a REAL oil pressure gauge, not these ford "Dont scare em" gauges

Thanks,
Doug

I was wondering how bad the wiring is...... can the autometer fuel gauge use the factory sender? what about the water temp gauge??

How is the speedo wired up?

thanks

stupid question: Why were you in 1st gear?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Engine Parts???

blk mk8

I have a few questions about what you have in your engine. Now i have a SOHC 4.0 and was wondering a few things. Whats that Red box that says Automotive on it? What is that Purple thing of the intake tube is it an EGR? Oh and does Victor make an upper intake for any 4.0 Liter's thanks man.

Back