Trouble finding body mounts for 02 XLS 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trouble finding body mounts for 02 XLS 4x4

pitbookman

Reaction score
City, State
pittsburgh, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Ford Explorer XLS(4x4)
I have been searching for days to find body mounts for my "02 XLS 4x4". I can find all kinds of kits to replace all bushings for sport tracs but not XLS. I can find individual mounts at retail prices $60+ each, but I can't afford to pay a grand just for mounts. I have searched all the major spots to no avail.
Does anyone know if DAYSTAR or PROTHANE has a kit to fit the "02 xls 4x4" and will give good alignment so the body seams won't start cracking. I can't measure the old mounts because of the compression and deterioration on them. I have to replace two of these now. Body is starting to bang on frame under drivers seat.

Please...I need some serious input.

It seems that they are available up to 2001.
There are some universal ones out there.

Bob T
:usa:

Dorman makes them. If your familiar w/ rockauto.com go to suspension and its under the "subframe bushing" tab

dorman replacements

I've seen the Rockauto ones listed. still sold individually, The ones listed under body mounts are not as pricey as the ones listed under suspension tab. Looking for the complete bushing kit w/o hardware that sells for $2-300 like the ones that they offer for the sport tracs. I'm not looking to spend $750 for the whole set. I may have to try just replacing the two and hope the body doesn't flex two much from the new ones being higher, at least until daystar breaks out with their kit.

thank you to all that have responded

Back