• Register Today It's free!

Trouble with my 2007 B-4000

voodooleloup

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal,Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mazda B-4000
Hi ,i have a trouble with my B-4000 ,last year i went to the dealer to fix my clutch ,they change the master and disk ,and brought it home i didnt really notice anything exept that the truck was missing a bit of power but i didnt really made a big deal and left it for 6 months in the driveway ,then when i took it the warrenty was finish so anyway it started to make like a clacking noice , thought it was the engine ,maybe to long stop so the oil gone bad so went to the garage and made oil change ,then i went out and the truck still made like a clacking noise but i notice that when i disengage my transmission and hold the cluck down noise stop ,i rev the engine and everything seems fine but when i let go the clutch the clacking noise start back ,when i drive it clacks the more i gone it the more it clacks and louder it goes ,when i press the clutch noise seems to stop but still not sure if it really goes or just makes a lot less noise ,its really weird , i went to see a mecanic but even he was mistified by the noise it makes and decided it was the tranny bearing but he didnt seem convince and i really aint convince lol ,the truck b4 i brought it to the dealer was ok except for the clutch and now it makes the noise ,by the way my truck as only 105 000 km i bought it brand new in 2007 and always was perfect top shape and all a suddent clutch dies then fix it and then this clacking noise apears ,anyone have an idea of what it could be ,did they just install disk and master wrong or....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't normally jump to worst case diagnosis but if I had to guess, I'd probably 1st suspect the flywheel to crankshaft bolts being loose or the clutch slave cylinder is loose in the bell housing.

It could be a simpler problem somewhere in the bell housing but you've definitely tossed out a puzzler.

Should not be difficult to pop off the dust cover on the front of the bell housing and check for any movement of the flywheel but I fear the transmission is going to need to be removed to really find and remedy the problem.

Thx yes i agree i dont think its the trans thats broken it looks like something is rubing on the flywheel

when i shift ,no prob getting in gear and no slipping or what ever it really looks like something rubbing on flywheel

Plus like i said if i put on neutral and hold the clutch down ,and rev the engine like a dragster loll everythings seems fine ,no knocking no clacking etc engine feels in top shape but...when i let go the clutch even in neutral the noise start

Right, that's why I think something is loose in the bell housing. Your press on the clutch and the slave cylinder compresses the springs in the pressure plate.

With force on the springs, everything "tightens up" and the rattle goes away.

Relax the clutch and something goes back loose and starts rattling around.

:) man you think like me hehe ,i thought i was crazy loll

Back