• Register Today It's free!

TroubleShoot RAP Module

RKR

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 2Dr Sport 4X4
I have a 96 Sport with factory installed Remote entry/Alarm. Can someone please help with how to troubleshoot the RAP module? The system will not work and will not enter into programming mode (no lock & unlock of doors with cycling the key from off to on 5 times). I have checked for power on the two connectors and have 12Vdc on a couple pins, but unfortunatly my wiring diagram does not go into detail on the RAP module.

An old thread I know, but I finally started debugging this on my truck. I had the battery disconnected one day, and after I reconnected it, the remote no longer worked. Neither does the keypad (doesn't even light up), the THEFT light on the dash, nothing from the remote ... nothing. So far I've done the same, and verified 12V to the RAP, and probed around the board looking for some other voltage levels, which I found, so it appears it is getting power. Ground is good, so I'm not sure what is wrong with it .... other than being dead. Not even any good way to debug the circuit.

Back