Troubleshooting Transmissions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Troubleshooting Transmissions

Lbcmatt

Reaction score
City, State
Long beach ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford ranger 3.0
2001 ranger AAMCO problems

My 2001 ford ranger lost reverse then 1235 I took it to Aamco who told me my reverse band broke because my bearings went out also had a crack in Transmision case and the torque converter was full up metal pieces from reverse band. So I put up the 1900.00 to fix it. Btw this transmision had been rebuilt in September 2013 by the same Aamco. Ok back to now I got the truck back had it for less than a week when the same thing hPpened I lost reverse. Took it back to aamco they had put the wrong size transmission case on. So I get it back for the second time and the od light starts blinking again I call aamco and he tells me to drive it for a few days to see what happens. Wtf why is this happening

<

JK080

Transmission Moderator
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 F250 6.0
Maybe find a different Aamco, they can repair it under warranty. I never heard of a wrong size case, sounds like a manager just telling you something because they don't know what happened. Any shop is only as good as the people who work there. Good luck.

<