Photos - Truck Haven 2004 Photos | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Truck Haven 2004 Photos

Originally posted by RangerX
. . .The big plus to me was going home with NO damage or breakage. :cool:
:p

:banghead:

Originally posted by Blaine122300
Jefe', did you get your tie rod fixed yet.
With one of Ricks trailer straps I was able to get it nearly straight, and drove it home like that. I've wanted to redo the track bar ever since I put the D44 in, so I'm just gonna redo steering while I'm at it and see if I can't get a straight tie rod in there (along w/ sleeving it).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BILL: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Are you crazy? Your truck will hear you...you better knock on wood.

JamesT: Go one more truck to the right and that would be an EXCELLENT desktop.

hahahah

I wanna see the rest of the pics! There have got to be some good ones...... :)

thanks everyone, it was a great time and I look forward to the next run :)

That's a great picture Bill. Most of the time pictures do not do the challenging spots justice because of the photographer's position. That spot looks like nobody has ever gone through it before.

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 417

Originally posted by jobunn
That spot looks like nobody has ever gone through it before.

It looked like only a few had been through there. I got in there any my front ARB started having problems or my hub wasn't properly engaged. Either way, I was in three wheel drive and didn't get over the last "hop".

JoBunn, its not for the lack of trying!!

The Pumkin can go places no other trucks have been :)
I think I can fit my truck between his tire and his fender at full droop.....Rick has some serious FLEX :)

Originally posted by 410Fortune
JoBunn, its not for the lack of trying!!

The Pumkin can go places no other trucks have been :)
I think I can fit my truck between his tire and his fender at full droop.....Rick has some serious FLEX :)

I will 2nd that. Wholly cow. I new the "Pumpkin" had some flex, but didn't know how much till I actually saw it in person.

DAMMNNN!!

Originally posted by Rick
It looked like only a few had been through there. I got in there any my front ARB started having problems or my hub wasn't properly engaged. Either way, I was in three wheel drive and didn't get over the last "hop".

Is that the off-camber section?

If so, I believe that's where the hub bolts sheared at.. and it has the huge hole on the other side where DWD's Explorer almost got ate.

I do have to apologize to DWD and Jefe's brother about not warning them about that hole.. I was more worried about keeping the zuk out of that hole.

Originally posted by Rick
It would have been "easy" ;) if the front ARB had been working. I was wishing I had my truck right then (I was riding with Rick and pointed out that ledge). I would have done it :D

BTW, That is a great pic Bill :thumbsup:

Johnstone,

Winter and Rick headed back to camp to diagnose Rick's charging and ARB problems. I believe they re-wired the entire ARB setup that day.

Here you see Winter in a familiar position, I seem to do this too often.............

What's up with this pic?

He was actually trying to give a thumbs up in that pic but the cammera was to low to get it.:(

That was the only way you could get under the dash to see what you were doing.

Originally posted by 410Fortune
YOU HAD BEER LEFT!!!

HOW? hahahaha

Mike and I went through a bunch of beer, enough to not have any on Sun :(

Dave I woulda traded you a taillight for some beer!!
Just jokes, dont think I could have dwd another after Sat night... :)

Dave you HAD to say somethng about my 9000's being upside down didnt you? Guess what, before we headed home pass rear knob is MIA, hahahah drove home fully loaded with the rears set on 3.....pretty soft and swervy with no sway bar :)

Heh Heh...well, it was Felix and his wife's leftover beer, it it hadn't been DIET beer then I would've drank it or traded it for parts...lol.

Can you simply replace the knob on the shock or is it seriously broken?

Glad you had a good time there, I thought you'd like it.;)

When we were getting ready to leave I went to stiffen the shocks back up for the drive home and the pass side one was GONE, I mean toasted.

A local 4x4 shop has one and is giving it to me after work, no charge :)
I will be turning the shocks around.....just make it a "little" harder to adjust them is all :)

hahaha
I say, they should make fireproof tents, BLAMO tent on fire.

You say you should turn your shocks around, BLAMO shock broken.

I am just glad when Rick said "You guys ready to Roll" nothing happened. In this case 2 out of 3 is GOOD

not sure how to post more than one pic in a post, so I will post a few.

Attachments

• p1010046.jpg
    p1010046.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 350

ME!

Attachments

• p1010045.jpg
    p1010045.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 350

me again

Attachments

• p1010044.jpg
    p1010044.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 358

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jeep

Attachments

• p1010047.jpg
    p1010047.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 352

Back