Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend

If we camp at Marina Drive, you can always run the wash etc.. If we are on the Bluff, I don't know.. I haven't camped "on" the bluff yet, only behind it.

There will be empty seats though so you can ride along on the runs. Currently, I am all alone in our X which means I have 2 empty seats.

So, that brings us to, Where are we going? I don't see it posted in the 1st post (I may just not be seeing it as I'm still on cup #1 of coffee.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dude, its only $5000.00, just buy it back. You will have made $3000.00 on the deal.

;)Plus an extended warranty for 72 mos. worth $3600.00 thrown in for free:D

Sounds tempting......

I've actually been trying to get some explorer guys from another forum to come out, and there are a few maybes. They're more of the prerunner type than crawler type, so there may end up being 2 different groups. But my opinion, no matter how stock or modified your truck is, come out and there will be an empty seat for you to ride in.

looking good that I will be out for the day on Saturday. Assuming I can get my 3 flat tires fixed.....

...I don't know why you ever got rid of the whitewalls...:p:

they were in bad shape. Steel belts were sticking out all over from them starting to fall apart. Two of my flats a just dirt in the bead. I hope to buy some new tires and some weld on bead locks this summer.

Tell Dave to bring his wheel and tires out for ya Matt!:p:

they were in bad shape. Steel belts were sticking out all over from them starting to fall apart. Two of my flats a just dirt in the bead. I hope to buy some new tires and some weld on bead locks this summer.

Those were my first set of tires when I did my SAS, you certainly got your moneys worth out of them:D

On another note, i've been reading that the phone booth is gone:thumbdwn:
The fire plug has been gone but the TDS club had to remove it due to the state park taking over that area.

A week out. Pretty pumped to make it out. I may be bringing a buddy along as well.

I'm almost ready.

Wheel bearing damage on the X from the last trip out has been fixed.

I already got the new starter in the Van which should take care of the hard hot/warm starts and might even give me a little better mileage as I now have the timing advanced back to just short of pinging.

I have a few hours of welding left so I don't lose my spare tire that is stored in the roof and I noticed something is leaking a little in the very front/driver side of the engine compartment that I need to investigate.

All in all, I'm actually pretty close to ready for only being 1 week out.

~Mark

Crap! I didn't realize this run was next weekend. I am planning to make it out Friday night....and maybe Saturday night. I imagine one or more of my brothers will be coming out too. I will sign up for the potluck asap.

getting closer to time, still waiting for some heim joints I ordered two weeks ago. Assuming they get here in time, I'll be there, can't wait. Any word on where we're camping?

We're camping off Marina, its closer for Rick and Maniak! :p:

Ok add me and Leila to the list for a definite mabey! I dont have a running x but i will play in the mazda its pre ford but oh well. I just bought a 96 v8 and was hoping to have it going but it does not look like it is going to happen. :( .

Nate

I get out of class about 9 am on friday so when is whoever that is going out friday plan on arriving?? I want to get there before dark this time...lol

I will be out there Friday evening with the wife arriving Sunday morning. We will be leaving Monday afternoon.
Anyone else staying until Monday?

Whoever gets there first, try to get the spot towards the rear of the hard flat area to the left of the main dirt road so we don't have to worry about getting stuck in the RV's. The tent campers can set up in the softer stuff. Also, much less likely to have motorcycles drive through our camp.

I am aiming to leave the house at 4:00. That should get me there between noon and 3:00 depending on how close to 4 am i leave.

Bkennedy, are you saying go down the street take the fork to the right and camp on the left just past what is left of the big hills?

~Mark

Mark, ill probably be out around the same time as you if not a little earlier. I want to beat the Friday traffic out of here.

Either that spot or in the area on the left before the big hills and where the big "dip" in the road is to the right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Saturday Arrival...Thru Monday??

Me and My Dad (DaExplorer) are up in Mammoth Snowboarding this week and will be coming back to San Diego friday evening. We will leave early Saturday Morning for TH and hopefully be out there by 8am So Dont hit the trails without us;)

I will be out there Friday evening with the wife arriving Sunday morning. We will be leaving Monday afternoon.
Anyone else staying until Monday?

We may be leaving monday Also:thumbsup:
Maybe an Explorer Caravan back into SD?

Back