Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend

Not making it.

Have fun folks, I truly miss getting down there..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IN :D

Zukman is not going to bring his Ex, because it's still in surgery getting a water pump, and some other issues, so I'll cruise over and get trailer and Bring JP.:thumbsup:

I'll be out early Saturday Morning and heading home Saturday Night. As some of you know I had my first kid 3 years ago this weekend, so that has kinda limited me to one day on MLK weekends now.

Zukman will be out Friday till early Sunday morning I believe.

The more the merrier!
Of course we may have to jump the J**p guy in! lol JK

The X and trailer are all hooked up. Tires aired up, fluids checked, food is in the fridge. T minus 10 hours till I hit the road.

~Mark

I've got one riding with me. And another buddy who may wanna ride out in his Jeep if everyone is cool with it.

We can him stuck no problem:D

...Well, I'm definitely out due to having to work...:(

...Just a heads up for those wanting to head out the 91...There will be work being set up and being done through out the weekend...It's already slowed the traffic down the last couple days...;)

EASTBOUND CLOSURE SCHEDULE:

Beginning Saturday, January 15, until the morning of Sunday, January 16, the Eastbound 91 Express Lanes will be closed during the following hours:

Closure: Saturday, January 15 at 10:00 PM
Reopens: Sunday, January 16 at 5:00 AM

I'll be there about 9AM Saturday, and will be caravaning with Bambikiller and his BII.
Local (Indio) weather report from today, looks like there'll be some wind today, but better by tomorrow:

Today
Mostly sunny. Highs 73 to 78. Winds north 15 to 25 mph. Gusts to 30 mph...becoming 35 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows 46 to 52. Winds north 15 to 25 mph. Gusts to 30 mph.

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs 71 to 76. Light winds. Near Banning pass...winds east 15 mph in the morning becoming light.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 47 to 53. Light winds.

Sunday
Mostly sunny. Highs 74 to 79. Light winds.

Sunday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 51 to 56.

Martin Luther King Jr Day
Mostly sunny. Highs 77 to 82.

I'll be there about 9AM Saturday, and will be caravaning with Bambikiller and his BII.
Local (Indio) weather report from today, looks like there'll be some wind today, but better by tomorrow:

Today
Mostly sunny. Highs 73 to 78. Winds north 15 to 25 mph. Gusts to 30 mph...becoming 35 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows 46 to 52. Winds north 15 to 25 mph. Gusts to 30 mph.

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs 71 to 76. Light winds. Near Banning pass...winds east 15 mph in the morning becoming light.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 47 to 53. Light winds.

Sunday
Mostly sunny. Highs 74 to 79. Light winds.

Sunday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 51 to 56.

Martin Luther King Jr Day
Mostly sunny. Highs 77 to 82.

Yikes! This does not bode well tonight for tent campers. Oh well its all part of the experience...another night at Truckhaven with my tent being pushed down within 3 inches from my face.

Well, I was making good time. Im in brawly pulling the alternator on the van. It stopped charging about 100 miles ago.

~Mark

Dead alternator. They have one here. Sbould be moving in 15 mins or so.

~Mark

Mark,if you need any help let me know.

Thanks.. I just got the alt n. Had to use a file since ths is the old style mount. Gonna grab a burger and head to on out for the last pusg.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Currently. Most of the way through the wind farms on the 10 should be there in an hour or so

Back