Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend

I managed to track the long Saturday day run (for the group that didn't head back for lunch) on the gps... The odd route back to camp was my doing. I just couldn't handle taking a single wash all the way back to camp, so I followed a motorcycle track for a while and got us 2 wash runs :).

The map will be available until June 15th, 2011 (thats what the email said when I shared it from my gps to my email).
GPS track viewed on Google maps

Name: Truckhaven day run
Date: Jan 15, 2011 11:21 am
Distance: 9.61 miles
Elapsed Time: 5:22:19
Avg Speed: 1.8 mph
Max Speed: 33.0 mph
Avg Pace: 33' 32" per mile
Min Altitude: 0 ft
Max Altitude: 174 ft
Start Time: 2011-01-15T18:21:34Z
Start Location:
Latitude: 33.291050º N
Longitude: 116.005796º W
End Location:
Latitude: 33.291146º N
Longitude: 116.006154º W

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good trip, and the wind didn't show so tent camping was fine. Not many problems or damage on the runs but we still wheeled pretty hard. The potluck was great, and the deep fried turkeys and fries were a first for me. My brothers took video so when I get it from them I will post up. Hope to see everyone before January 2012.

jo, it was fun running through the trenches at night. Thanks again

Looks like i missed out on a fun truckhaven trip.

gps coordinates for truckhaven obstacles

I setup waypoints on the Saturday run on my GPS so I could post the coordinates for some of the obstacles at truckhaven. Maybe this will help someone find them later.. (I could never find those obstacles on my own).

Waterfall
Waterfall on google maps
Latitude: 33.302351º N
Longitude: 116.027599º W
Altitude: 23 ft

CJ Hill on google maps
CJ Hill
Latitude: 33.304199º N
Longitude: 116.033208º W
Altitude: 42 ft

I took the waypoint snapshots when I was parked by the base of the obstacles and not "on" the obstacle.

~Mark

...Hey Josh, Welcome aboard...:wavey:

...I have a 95-97 Ranger 4.0L manual Radiator if you need one..;)

Made it home by 11:15 AM Sunday offloaded the motorhome and raced to a Birthday Party mmmmmmmmmmmmm cake!

Rick as requested stills at the waterfall and a few others
DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

Those are great shots! Thanks:chug:

Mark, Painted Canyon rd. was wide open when we passed by.:thumbsup:

does anyone know what don and kris's screen names are?

Some elaboration is in order here ???:dunno:

hahaha! I was waiting for someone to ask that....

When we went on our night run on saturday, we found a pretty good sized hole and Gary went through first just fine then josh tried (yellow ranger) and didn't make it the first time so I told him to go just a little to the right and he got out no problem. then a few more tried and went just a little to the right and all went through it no problem.

pretty good sized?! That sum ***** could've swallowed a Sami!

Sweet pics, any chance of a link to an album with all of the pictures you took out there.

Its at the bottom of that post.
(not all pictures, as i dont want to upload 1200 pictures. But there are most of the best there)

Got home about 3pm today. Went out with CJ Explorer and his dad on Sunday after everyone left. Had a good time.

What a Great trip! For my first and not last trip to Truckhaven all I can say is WOW!:thumbsup: You guys rock, Ok run over lots of rocks. I spent most of the time with a large smile on my face:D. I have a new respect for the Explorers and Rangers. It was a great time with my son and our almost twin Explorers.
This was the best group to be with.

A Specal thanks and welcome to our new member Josh40601. After your emergency radiator replacement you invited us to tag along on a run before dinner. CJ took his Ex and I was in mine and Keeper0311 rode along. We had a blast. I especially enjoyed seeing your girlfriend climb out the door window at the top of one of the hills, photo should be attached. During the night run you were great when you winch out one of the other Rangers.

Keeper0311 I enjoyed you as a passenger and camping neighbors. (remember the moto, Just turn right) :salute:

A second special thanks to BKennedy and his family for spending Sunday showing us around. We enjoyed seeing the arches, the Calcite mine and lunch with your family. Sorry to leave you guys all alone Sunday night but After being gone for a week (Mammoth Snowboarding trip before Truckhaven) I missed my wife and my own bed.

Attachments

• DSC00389.JPG
    DSC00389.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC00558.JPG
    DSC00558.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC00559.JPG
    DSC00559.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 407
  • josh2.jpg
    josh2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 507

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back