Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I Missed something.

Rick and Char, Thanks for everything. I enjoyed the Potluck and the Christmas tree burning.

Since I spent most of the time behind other vehicles I included the photo of the backside of the first line up.

J**P Gary, Your dog Pepper is a cool dog. I enjoyed him around camp and seeing him riding in the back of the bumping and rocking jeep. But I believe that had he not given you a head start up Waterfall he would have beat you big time. Photo in action with paws off the ground attached.

We found a Great sign out there that just seemed so inviting ," Rough Road".

Hope to see you all again.

Attachments

• DSC00312.JPG
    DSC00312.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 429
  • DSC00566.JPG
    DSC00566.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC00556.JPG
    DSC00556.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 424

Don, that is such an awesome picture. Kristina and i were cracking up looking at it. What a great time. I'm hoping someone got pictures of the whole that tried to eat my ranger....

a Sami?? it almost swallowed your truck!

i know!!! Before we ever even hit it, the words i said were "fuuuuuuck that...." everyone laughed, then Greg HAD to say "my jeep made it..." Yep.... The Ranger had to go now.... Thank God for just turn right and damn good sidewalls.... please tell me someone got a picture of me winching jack's truck back up the hill....

These were the only 3 pics I took with the camera.

Could probally layer them and make a little animated gif :D

Attachments

• Rick1.jpg
    Rick1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 399
  • Rick2.jpg
    Rick2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 398
  • Rick3.jpg
    Rick3.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 391

Nice pictures, looks like y'all had a good time and looks like the stockers made out fine on the trip.

Awesome! Thats my favorite shot, the one with Pepper flying up the hill like he forgot his Kibbles N Bitz. Thanks for posting them.

Josh, it was great meeting you, Its great to have people that I don't have to twist there arm to try something stupid with me. That hole was huge, That and the one we both fell in right before your radiator blew, awesome!

Dave, nice having you ride along, always nice to have a navigator.

Great time, thanks for having the token Jeep guy, great time as always with you guys, Can't wait til Moab next?!?!

No Carnage , except the F-150 is make a noise in the right front brake area. I think I got a small rock stuck in the caliper or in one of the drilled rotor holes (the reason why I don't have drilled & slotted rotors on the Ex:rolleyes:)

Well took a look at the 150 today and it looks like the passenger front bearing is toast. Enough to the point the wheel wobbles like it is just finger tight lugs. :( Bearings are pressed into the rotor, but I have a spare because this is the second time this has happen:mad:

Dave, nice having you ride along, always nice to have a navigator.

Yeah, thanks for letting me ride along. I'm glad we didn't get our ***** kicked on the night run:p:(inside joke)

I feel sorry for your dog sliding around in the back though, Somewhere i've seen a harness type deal that keeps dogs from sliding around or even ejecting from the vehicle.

...:shifty_ey

...I just saw this and thought it would make for some good info...
http://www.adventureduo.com/

..The Adventureduo were out at Salton Sea the same weekend as this trip...They took lot's of pictures but also added a lot of history info of the area and the new museum..

..There is also some good pics and info on trailers and includes a video of a flip pac camper...

too bad they dont have the hotel open anymore....

Well took a look at the 150 today and it looks like the passenger front bearing is toast. Enough to the point the wheel wobbles like it is just finger tight lugs. :( Bearings are pressed into the rotor, but I have a spare because this is the second time this has happen:mad:

Was able to finally find a new bearing through Rock Auto. Old one pressed right out & threw the new one in. Put the rotor back on, and then noticed the wheel was missing all of it weights. I remember hearing a loud noise right under the truck after leaving truckhaven. I'm thinking now it was the wheel weights and the weightless wheel + 180 mile trip towing a trailer took out the bearing. :rolleyes: Now that I can get bearings for this thing, I have a full spare set of rotors from the front.:D Anyway all back together and good as new.

I missed another run :(

Hi guys. Hopefuly I'll go on some runs this year and maybe work on my car too :eek:

Back