Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

I'm home now, dang, all good things must come to an end, what a blast I had there with everyone. Gonna get cleaned up then post some pics. (total mileage was 2586 :D)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Made it home safe and sound. I can't believe I was able to spend 5 nights out there, what a great vacation:chug:

It was great to see some of the old crowd again and awesome to have first timers as well. Looking forward to next time.

BTW Ted, I mentioned that I had lost a GoPro camera last time I was there... Well I found it in the camper when I was unpacking today :D

..Finding something we had thought was long gone is always awesome..:biggthump

..Looks like you will have more video to edit..:)

A few to start with.

Some from Friday b/4 the main group got there
truckhaven2014038.jpg

truckhaven2014037.jpg

truckhaven2014040.jpg

Look out Big Brother is watching
truckhaven2014042.jpg

Oh nevermind, its just Rick doing a test flight. good thing too, he found out it works better with the camer on

truckhaven2014041.jpg

A couple pics of Ritsui. He got some serious air out there on this run, but of course didn't have the camera ready.

DSCN0241_zps62717913.jpg

DSCN0244_zps114a0faa.jpg

DSCN0235_zps8c23e67f.jpg

Kris and AJ

DSCN0230_zps3d24575d.jpg

More from the same day

DSCN0211_zps3afa624b.jpg

DSCN0261_zps5b159d9d.jpg

I am still camping. After Rick left this morning (and I finally woke up) I moved to a new location. Near Clark Dry Lake just east of Borrego Springs. Went for a easyish drive up Rockhouse Canyon but my alternator is still acting up so I cut the ride short. Now back at the RV with the dog, a good book, and a cold beer.

Whenever I get around to it in the morning I am going to ramble on home.

This has been a very good trip.

Sent from my XT907 using Forum Runner

I am still camping. After Rick left this morning (and I finally woke up) I moved to a new location. Near Clark Dry Lake just east of Borrego Springs. Went for a easyish drive up Rockhouse Canyon but my alternator is still acting up so I cut the ride short. Now back at the RV with the dog, a good book, and a cold beer.

Whenever I get around to it in the morning I am going to ramble on home.

This has been a very good trip.

Sent from my XT907 using Forum Runner

Ugh...some of us are already two days into a work week that sucks:banghead:

We made it home ok. House batteries decided to charge on the way home, then died again a day later. Zukmam had her first cataract surgery Tues morning. It's amazing!!! I can see again (out of one eye!) Second eye in 3 months.
Seems like everyone had a great time. And the potluck was amazing as always.

Zukmam had her first cataract surgery Tues morning. It's amazing!!! I can see again (out of one eye!) Second eye in 3 months.

That's great news Sue:chug:

Alright, It's decided. I NEED to go on this run next year! A bit of a long haul from Minnesota, but I'm working on talking some friends in to coming with. It's a year off, but I'm already getting excited for the wheel time! :D

..Usually the next big run is around MLK day..;)

Last night was bug city. I was sitting outside enjoying the night air and reading a book, when I started to get slapped around by bugs. Looked up at the RV porch light and it, the screen door and the inside of the awning were covered in bugs. Had to use the headlights on the Explorer as a diversion so I could get in the door. Slept in, hung around, then it got hot and I left (91). I got home about 5 this afternoon.

Need to repair / replace the rear shock mounts sooner than I thought as two out of the four are bent down slightly. Need a new leaf spring guide bolt on the left side as the other one broke. Need a new alternator as mine is fluctuating voltage like crazy (13.8-16+).

Attachments

• 1D7_4643.jpg
    1D7_4643.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 1D7_4663.jpg
    1D7_4663.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 1D7_4655.jpg
    1D7_4655.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 1D7_4652.jpg
    1D7_4652.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 1D7_4632.jpg
    1D7_4632.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 227

I feel like I missed out on the cool stuff days from some of these pics:(

..Usually the next big run is around MLK day..;)

I just put in my time off for that trip.. (but I can move the weekend if its not MLK weekend).

~Mark

Crappy phone pics

Group shot from Saturday in Palm Wash
IMG_20141025_124654_544_Large_.jpg

Sunset in camp.
IMG_20141026_181259_238_Large_.jpg

Rick and I playing pyro's burning the leftover wood on Monday night.
IMG_20141027_214613_240_Large_.jpg

A few from the night run (that didn't look like a time lapse photo)

DSCN0259_zpsf1a119ab.jpg

DSCN0258_zps440e0d64.jpg

DSCN0253_zps2f3708b2.jpg

And a big "Thank You" to Brian, (BKennedy) for his welding the upper spring mount on the "Jack".

DSCN0245_zpsf46eccb7.jpg

DSCN0246_zpsd8ed7e32.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And a big "Thank You" to Brian, (BKennedy) for his welding the upper spring mount on the "Jack".

Anytime. I am just glad I threw the welder in the RV before I left.

Couple of poser pics I took on Tuesday afternoon. I was planning on driving up on top of the rock with the right front tire but I could feel it shifting so I stopped. As I backed off, it rolled out from under the tire.
IMG_20141028_162328_284_Large_.jpg

IMG_20141028_162439_702_Large_.jpg

Back