Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

For those coming in this morning..

What time do you expect to arrive?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..The photographer showed up, rode with TDavis who led the trail till nobody was following. .

So with BKennedy in the tailgunner and a u turn which looked like a fire drill gone wrong, Brian became leader to the Calcite mine..

We lost about four vehicles heading up there as the trail became rough..

We have about 14 vehicles playing around out here..

Unfortunately I'm out. Turns out finding a place to align a lifted ttb explorer on a Saturday is pretty difficult :(

Have fun and be safe out there guys!

John, do you still have the Jeep? I remember you telling me that it might be going up for sale awhile back. We definitely miss you guys!

It is up for sale now. I literally haven't driven it in 6 months. :(

I was hoping to make it this trip as "one last hoorah", but it conflicted with everyone else's schedule.

Having blast here in Truckhaven. :hammer: :burnout: The fire drill gone wrong , as Ted stated in his post, was fun.

Slow internet connection, can't load pics, will have pics to load upon returning home.

Met a lot of new faces and enjoying the heck out of this run.

1284 miles and worth every single one. :D

Trailer tire blow out made the day slightly longer for me.

.Today's run will be one that would make the Maniak proud..

..but he would rather watch football instead..:p:

Both day's runs were great! Had a blast in spite of being the least lifted. Would have liked to see more newbs, but with 14+ trucks and a lot of old friends, it was a great run.

Doggies and us got home without incident. Will take a look at our pictures after eating/showering.

..^^^^..Yep...he's right..

..We had 13 trucks go out plus, DB_1 and Dave Alfaro made it out with their trucks to play just for an afternoon..

..But before we go any further the Texas boy's wanted all ya'all Forum members and their family to know they are having a blast out at Truckhaven..:D

DSC0638b.jpg

But for a teaser..

BKennedy having issues which hopefully are temporary as a few are staying out there for another day or so cause the weather is perfect and the wheeling is awesome....;)

DSC0712b.jpg

..A group shot from yesterday morning..:D

DSC0854c.jpg

..And nope...Not a #TBT picture..:p:

DSC0911b.jpg

..One last picture I'll post this eve..

..This was taken from yesterday's group run heading up to the Calcite mine..:burnout:

DSC0080b1.jpg

ef-truckhaven-2014 003.jpg

ef-truckhaven-2014 053.jpg

ef-truckhaven-2014 164.jpg

ef-truckhaven-2014 174.jpg

ef-truckhaven-2014 183.jpg

..One last picture I'll post this eve..

..This was taken from yesterday's group run heading up to the Calcite mine..:burnout:

DSC0080b1.jpg

Nice pics Ted! But how come you're riding shotgun and not driving your own?

..See post #304 for hint...:)

..I did take mine out several times though so it wouldn't be tagged as the camp queen..

Made it home safe and sound.

I-5 was a disaster, an Explorer rolled in the north bound above Kettleman City, and plugged it solid for over an hour..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..it must have been still wearing Firestones..:)

Back