Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

Thank you for the advice guys, I'll definitely keep it in mind. I've been looking into Moab a bit, and it honestly looks just as fun as this does. I'll have to decide if the excuse of "warmer weather" ;) (and visiting family) warrants the extra miles, or if the crawling at Moab is too tempting to resist. Either way, I think I'll have a blast running around with some fellow Explorers! :D Looks like it's time to start collecting parts... :bounce:

CJexplorer and DAexplorer both run mostly stock 2nd gens at truckhaven and always have a blast.

They disconnect their rear sway bars and IIRC, CJExplorer has a LS in the rear.. I don't remember if DAexplorer does too.

~Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for the advice guys, I'll definitely keep it in mind. I've been looking into Moab a bit, and it honestly looks just as fun as this does. I'll have to decide if the excuse of "warmer weather" ;) (and visiting family) warrants the extra miles, or if the crawling at Moab is too tempting to resist. Either way, I think I'll have a blast running around with some fellow Explorers! :D Looks like it's time to start collecting parts... :bounce:

Daniel was a one wheel wonder and he was right with us.

"Hijack Alert"

So I spent Saturday cleaning up the Jeep for a couple of guys who were going to come out to see it. And then got a 7AM emergency call Sunday morning to assist with a vehicle recovery up San Francisquito Canyon. There was an FJ cruiser hanging off the side of a trail on 2 tires.

The driver was OK and hiked out Friday night - we alerted Forest Service and he got a professional recovery company to meet us out there in the morning. Unfortunately the company only brought big trucks that couldn't fit up the trail, and the ATV's were having problems also. So I ended up driving the guys up there.

Unfortunately, by the time we got up there someone had seen it and called 911 so we had an audience watching us from the main road -CHP, Fire, Forest Service, and the Sheriff chopper did a flyby.

. . . . and then the Rescue Crew and Helicopter showed up and landed to make sure everything was under control :)
00I0I_8i27EKkmaoC_600x450.jpg

John, that has to be a sign that you need to keep the Jeep. :D

I'm very glad things worked out well for the owner of the FJ.

..Yep...Definitely a sign..:D

Sounds like someone is bragging they got to take there jeep out.:D

Depends on how much snow we get this year. Dusy is only open August 1- October 31 unless snow makes it unpassable. The two times i did part of it we did Labor Day weekend and it was pretty nice. I would say late August would be a good time to hit the trail.

Back