• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Truck Haven Hills

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Paul Gagnon

Poseur SUV
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park, Alberta eh?
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
ROFL
You seem to do that every time there is a run planned.
I guess you must just get too excited about getting out on the trail, eh?

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
www.geocities.com/pg4x4

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

Ray Lobato

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Honda Accord
"To error is human".

Actually I'm suppirsed you don't goof up more, with all the running around and other stuff that you do. Your multi-tasking capabilities are way better than mine.

Let's see here.
1.)You run a photography business.
2.)Create websites for other businesses.
3.)Run this website (very well I might add).
4.)Find time to organize and go on runs.
5.)Start a new business.
6.)Have a home life. I'm sure I missed a bunch more things you do.
See what I mean. One little mistake, really isn't bad for all you do.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
You can also add:

7. President of a volunteer organization with 84 members.

8. On the board of directors for a local amateur radio club.

9. Who knows what else... I can't remember!

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Explorerdude

Reaction score
Rick,
Do you guys do many East Coast outings?? If so where do you go?? Do you all go to Tellico?? Have you ever gone to Paragon Adventure Park?? Would you be interested in doing more east coast outings?? Let me know. Just curious..

Hope everyone has a safe holiday!!

Happy Wheelin,

Joe

Explorerdude@hotmail.com
94 Explorer XLT
4" Superlift Suspension Lift
33X10.50 BFG AT KO's
Superlift Steering Stabalizer
I'll be sending you all a pic very shortly!

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Do a search for some of the places you mentioned using the bulletin boards search function. You will find that yes, people have been to those places.

Explorer runs are non-formal. Anyone can set them up anytime they would like and the "Serious Explorations" forum is the place to do it.

I would sure like to go on runs all around the country, but it's not going to happen. Get together with a bunch of folks out your way, set up a run and go out and have a great time. Don't forget to send photos so I can post an article about your "Serious Exploration".

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Alright! The official word is in. Ford will be attending this run with us. I spoke to Vera Linnansalo today and she verified that Ford will participate in this event. Vera is currently trying to round up a 2001 Sport Trac and a 2001 Sport to bring along.

Get your questions and comments ready, these guys (and gals) love to hear what we have to say. Whether or not they will do anything positive with that information is another story!

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
Too cool, Rick! All we need now is a magazine to show up!

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Rick - I got PIAA to donate two sets of superwhite headlights (hey these have a retail value of about $70 a set!) to be given away at the California contest - preferably by the luck of the draw. However since I am still not sure if I'll be able to attend do you want me to ship them to you and let you take care of them or what? If I go I will bring them but I probably won't know until that week or so. Look forward to having a heck of a time if I do go!

Matt

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
That sounds great Matt! If you want to send them you can send them to:

Rick Horwitz
4515 West Dailey St.
Glendale, AZ 85306

Hope to see you there though...

Did you get my reply to your question about wheelin' in Arizona?

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Rick - sure did, I'll let you know when I plan on coming down (still don't know). I'll wait for a while until I know at least a little better that I for sure won't be going) otherwise I'll bring em with me.

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

felsmann

Reaction score
City, State
HB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
Rick,
It is great to hear that Ford will be there. Not only we get to enjoy our trucks for a few days, we also get to see the new ones in action, and hopefully have some input. That is just great.

I had some questions; however, before I head up.

1) I have a '97 Sport 4x4, these don't come with any tow hooks. What do you recomend?

2) I'm planning on camping for the run. Where should I do this? Where do we meet?

FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

Who plans on camping? Let's hook up!

Thanks Rick,and anyone else.

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Juan, try doing a search for tow hooks. Many good ideas have been posted t the message board.

I'm just hoping they didn't all get deleted when I had a problem with one of the forums. Anyway, give it a try and see what you come up with.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
Hey Juan,

I'm camping too, not sure where yet, though. The best place is Borrego Palm Canyon campground, which is right in Borrego Springs and a half mile from the group's hotel. I haven't called yet to see about availability, but here's the number_ 760-767-5311, or try the general state park res. line _800-444-PARK. If I can't get a tent site there, I'll probably camp right in Truckhaven. I've camped there many times, but if you're thinking of it, be warned, there is nothing there, and I mean NOTHING. If you want showers, bathrooms, or RV hookups, go to the campground. If you or anyone else wants to hook up for camping, let me know.

Bill Collins
93 Ranger
lennie@cts.com

Paul B.

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Orange, CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Juan, and for anyone else who plans on camping or RVing out at Truckhaven.

I will be going out their early on Friday morning to post a large yellow banner at the entrance of Marina Dr. South. This is off of highway 86. I also will be placing smaller signs with arrows to direct people to the base camp ground area. This area will also be used as the meeting point each day for everyone. On Sat we will depart from this area to hit the trails. Time of departure for the trails will be around 9:00 a.m. no later then 9:30 a.m. Finishing up at around 3:00-4:00 p.m. each day. Pack a lunch.

The signs will say "Serious Exploration!" so look for them.

A few of us that are arriving on Friday, are going to do some of the trails that day. If you are planning on arriving on Friday and would like to join us, let me know. Also I will be RVing it. So look for a White '99 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually with a Lance Camper on it. It will be parked at the camp ground area.

As Bill said, this is a primitive area. So be prepared. RV's are welcome.(no fee's).
It looks like right now that the evening temp. are around the 40's-39 deg. The day time temp. are around 65-70 deg. If you have room in your truck for some fire wood, bring it along. It's nice to sit around the fire at nite.
e-mail: paulmbredehoft@mindspring.com

CBoug76

Elite Explorer ECX Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Dracut, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Sport
Juan,i also have a 97 Sport, I installed tow hooks on it in the fall, e-mail me and i will explain how I went about doing it. I also have Photo's of how it looks with the hooks installed.

[Edited by CBoug76 on 10-12-2000 at 06:39 AM]

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
If you don't want to camp it but can't find a hotel try either Motel 6 or Holiday Inn Express in Indio California. Indio is just under 50 miles from Salton City which is the closest area to TruckHaven Hills.

Holiday Inn is 760-342-6344
Motel 6 is 760-342-6311

Mark

------------------
Mark
mark@legendz.com
http://mark.legendz.com
Off-Road and Motorcycle Information, Pictures and Movies

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

felsmann

Reaction score
City, State
HB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
Rangerx,

I just called and made the reservation for The Palm Canyon Camp ground. Total of $54 for 3 nights.

See you there!!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rick Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 394
Rick Truck Haven 2021 25th Anniversary Run! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 19
Stic-o Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 181
Rick Truck Haven MLK 2018 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 125
Rick Truck Haven Fall 2017 - Memorial Run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 82
Rick Truck Haven MLK 2017 Jan 13 - 15 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 54
Stic-o Back to Truck Haven October 24 - 25 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 145
Elgatoprerunner Truck Haven this weekend (Feb 27-28) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
Rick Truck Haven Jan 16-18 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 146
Rick Aerial video from Truck Haven Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
Rick Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 127
Rick Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 94
Char October 2013 Truck Haven Potluck Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
Rick Truck Haven MLK '13 Photos and Video Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 56
Char 2013 Truck Haven Potluck Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 18
Rick 2013 Truck Haven MLK Weekend Explorer Ranger run Jan 19-20 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 102
Rick Return from Truck Haven October '12 - Photos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 49
Char Truck Haven Potluck!!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Rick Ocotillo Wells/Truck Haven "Mobile Workshop" Feb 18-19 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Rick Truck Haven 2012 MLK Weekend Jan. 14-15 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 112
Maniak Return from Truck Haven Oct 2011 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
Rick Truck Haven meeting tonight - Carlsbad Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
Rick Future of Truck Haven/ Ocotillo Wells North Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 15
Rick Truck Haven 2011 January 15-16 MLK Weekend Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 277
D Truck Haven 2011 Choose a Date!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 20
Rick Next Truck Haven run?? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
Rick Truck Haven Thanksgiving '09 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 74
Stic-o 2008 Truck Haven Run! Jan 19-20 Discuss!!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 535
F Truck Haven South Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
FROADER Truck Haven for Thanksgiving '07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 291
mounty71 Return of the "newbie run" Truck Haven Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 209
Rick CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 527
FROADER The next Truck Haven trip Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 159
Rick Truck Haven 2007 Feb. 10-11 Discussion Thread Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 270
Rick Truck Haven 2007 Planning Thread Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 11
Stic-o Truck haven! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 144
Stic-o Return from Truck Haven 2006 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 134
Rick Truck Haven 2006 Feb 4-5 Sign Up and Info Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
FROADER Truck Haven pics from this weekend Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 68
R Annual Truck Haven California Run 2006 Feb 4-5 2006 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 393
Rick Truck Haven 2006 Date Change?? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 15
Rick Moab, CO or Truck Haven?? 10th Anniversary Poll #2 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
F Trip Report : Truck Haven 2005 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 131
F Truck Haven 2004 Photos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 110
Rick Truck Haven on New Years Eve... Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 64
Rick Truck Haven info for CA Voters Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
Rick Truck Haven 2005!! January 15-16 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
Rick Truck Haven 2004!! January 17-18 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
Rick Truck Haven Pre-Runners Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
S Truck Haven Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 29