Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ROFL
You seem to do that every time there is a run planned. Dead Link Removed I guess you must just get too excited about getting out on the trail, eh? Dead Link Removed

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

"To error is human". Dead Link Removed
Actually I'm suppirsed you don't goof up more, with all the running around and other stuff that you do. Your multi-tasking capabilities are way better than mine. Dead Link Removed
Let's see here.
1.)You run a photography business.
2.)Create websites for other businesses.
3.)Run this website (very well I might add).
4.)Find time to organize and go on runs.
5.)Start a new business.
6.)Have a home life. I'm sure I missed a bunch more things you do.
See what I mean. One little mistake, really isn't bad for all you do. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

You can also add:

7. President of a volunteer organization with 84 members.

8. On the board of directors for a local amateur radio club.

9. Who knows what else... I can't remember!

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Rick,
Do you guys do many East Coast outings?? If so where do you go?? Do you all go to Tellico?? Have you ever gone to Paragon Adventure Park?? Would you be interested in doing more east coast outings?? Let me know. Just curious.. Dead Link Removed

Hope everyone has a safe holiday!!

Happy Wheelin,

Joe Dead Link Removed
Explorerdude@hotmail.com
94 Explorer XLT
4" Superlift Suspension Lift
33X10.50 BFG AT KO's
Superlift Steering Stabalizer
I'll be sending you all a pic very shortly!

Do a search for some of the places you mentioned using the bulletin boards search function. You will find that yes, people have been to those places.

Explorer runs are non-formal. Anyone can set them up anytime they would like and the "Serious Explorations" forum is the place to do it.

I would sure like to go on runs all around the country, but it's not going to happen. Get together with a bunch of folks out your way, set up a run and go out and have a great time. Don't forget to send photos so I can post an article about your "Serious Exploration".

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Alright! The official word is in. Ford will be attending this run with us. I spoke to Vera Linnansalo today and she verified that Ford will participate in this event. Vera is currently trying to round up a 2001 Sport Trac and a 2001 Sport to bring along.

Get your questions and comments ready, these guys (and gals) love to hear what we have to say. Whether or not they will do anything positive with that information is another story!

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Too cool, Rick! All we need now is a magazine to show up!

Rick - I got PIAA to donate two sets of superwhite headlights (hey these have a retail value of about $70 a set!) to be given away at the California contest - preferably by the luck of the draw. However since I am still not sure if I'll be able to attend do you want me to ship them to you and let you take care of them or what? If I go I will bring them but I probably won't know until that week or so. Look forward to having a heck of a time if I do go!

Matt

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

That sounds great Matt! If you want to send them you can send them to:

Rick Horwitz
4515 West Dailey St.
Glendale, AZ 85306

Hope to see you there though...

Did you get my reply to your question about wheelin' in Arizona?

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Rick - sure did, I'll let you know when I plan on coming down (still don't know). I'll wait for a while until I know at least a little better that I for sure won't be going) otherwise I'll bring em with me.

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Rick,
It is great to hear that Ford will be there. Not only we get to enjoy our trucks for a few days, we also get to see the new ones in action, and hopefully have some input. That is just great.

I had some questions; however, before I head up.

1) I have a '97 Sport 4x4, these don't come with any tow hooks. What do you recomend?

2) I'm planning on camping for the run. Where should I do this? Where do we meet?

FOR EVERYONE ELSE:

Who plans on camping? Let's hook up!

Thanks Rick,and anyone else.

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

Juan, try doing a search for tow hooks. Many good ideas have been posted t the message board.

I'm just hoping they didn't all get deleted when I had a problem with one of the forums. Anyway, give it a try and see what you come up with.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Hey Juan,

I'm camping too, not sure where yet, though. The best place is Borrego Palm Canyon campground, which is right in Borrego Springs and a half mile from the group's hotel. I haven't called yet to see about availability, but here's the number_ 760-767-5311, or try the general state park res. line _800-444-PARK. If I can't get a tent site there, I'll probably camp right in Truckhaven. I've camped there many times, but if you're thinking of it, be warned, there is nothing there, and I mean NOTHING. If you want showers, bathrooms, or RV hookups, go to the campground. If you or anyone else wants to hook up for camping, let me know.

Bill Collins
93 Ranger
lennie@cts.com

Juan, and for anyone else who plans on camping or RVing out at Truckhaven.

I will be going out their early on Friday morning to post a large yellow banner at the entrance of Marina Dr. South. This is off of highway 86. I also will be placing smaller signs with arrows to direct people to the base camp ground area. This area will also be used as the meeting point each day for everyone. On Sat we will depart from this area to hit the trails. Time of departure for the trails will be around 9:00 a.m. no later then 9:30 a.m. Finishing up at around 3:00-4:00 p.m. each day. Pack a lunch.

The signs will say "Serious Exploration!" so look for them.

A few of us that are arriving on Friday, are going to do some of the trails that day. If you are planning on arriving on Friday and would like to join us, let me know. Also I will be RVing it. So look for a White '99 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually with a Lance Camper on it. It will be parked at the camp ground area.

As Bill said, this is a primitive area. So be prepared. RV's are welcome.(no fee's).
It looks like right now that the evening temp. are around the 40's-39 deg. The day time temp. are around 65-70 deg. If you have room in your truck for some fire wood, bring it along. It's nice to sit around the fire at nite.
e-mail: paulmbredehoft@mindspring.com

Juan,i also have a 97 Sport, I installed tow hooks on it in the fall, e-mail me and i will explain how I went about doing it. I also have Photo's of how it looks with the hooks installed.

[Edited by CBoug76 on 10-12-2000 at 06:39 AM]

If you don't want to camp it but can't find a hotel try either Motel 6 or Holiday Inn Express in Indio California. Indio is just under 50 miles from Salton City which is the closest area to TruckHaven Hills.

Holiday Inn is 760-342-6344
Motel 6 is 760-342-6311

Mark

------------------
Mark
mark@legendz.com
http://mark.legendz.com
Off-Road and Motorcycle Information, Pictures and Movies

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rangerx,

I just called and made the reservation for The Palm Canyon Camp ground. Total of $54 for 3 nights.

See you there!!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

Back