Truck Haven Hills | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills

Juan and everyone else,

I'm going to canp at Truckhaven, with Paul at the base camp. I hope I didn't scare anyone with my description of "nothing there". I camp there alot, many times in January. Two miles down the road in Salton City, there's a gas station, restuarant and mini-mart.

------------------

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RangerX,

Do we need reservations for the base camp site, or do we just show up?

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

OK, I have canceled my previous camping reservation, and I'll be joining Paul and RangerX at the Base Camp.

See yah there!!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

Great Juan, we will see your there. Just look for the "Serious Exploration" signs with the blue arrow on them, and follow them to the base camp. Once again this area is off of highway 86 at Marina Dr. South. Just follow the road in a look for the signs.

Great! I' will be arriving late Friday night. See you there!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

I was just informed that Trailmaster will be attending the Truck Haven run. They will be bringing their 2000 Explorer with the 4" suspension lift. There will be representatives on hand to answer any questions.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-05-2000).]

Dinner's on Ford...

Make sure you join us at the Palm Canyon Resort in Borrego Springs
Saturday January 15th
at 6:00pm when Ford Motor Company will be
hosting a buffet dinner with wine and beer for the
participants of the Truck Haven 2000 Explorer
Run. After dinner Ford will be giving a presentation
on it's new 2001 Sport Trac 4x4. Bring your
appetite and your questions! Ford will also present each driver with a jacket which is not normally available to the
public. We will also have 4 gift certificates from KKM Motorsports and 2 PIAA offroad lights as prizes for various
catagories.

No promises...but it looks like we may be getting
some coverage from Fourwheeler and Road & Track!

We would like all participants to gather at the Truck Haven
starting point between 8:30-9:00am for driver orientation.
A map with an overview of the area can be viewed here:
http://www.4x4central.com/thaven_map.jpg The entrance for
Truck Haven is West of Hwy.86 just North of S-22. Look for
Look for the "Serious Exploration" banner then follow the signs
to our staging area.

See you in California!
Rick Horwitz
602-896-8813

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-06-2000).]

My wife is thinking of coming with me, so I'm wondering if there will be any other wives/girlfriends attending.

My wife will also be attending and at least one of the Ford Reps is a women. It think there will be a couple of female Explorer owners as well.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Bill, Darien's wife JoAnn will be there. Also Wendy Crawford, Mark Strickland & his wife,& Ray & Debbie Hutchinsen will be there also. So bring her along.

Hey guys,
I am considering joining the truck haven run but before I commit I need to know if a mostly stock 92 explorer (1 1/2" lift ) can go on any good trails down there.
Thanks,
Dan

Dan, there will be others with the same or less modifications than yourself. In fact Ford will be bringing their 2001 Sport Trac and Sport for us to drive on the trails and they don't want to tear their trucks up either.

There will be challenging trails for everyone, just don't try anything you don't feel comfortable with.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

What do you guys think about nametags? I know they're kind of geeky, but they also serve a purpose. It would be a good way to link up faces (and vehicles) with names from the message board. Yes, no, maybe?

Hey - just got the word I'll be heading over there for some awesome wheeling with everyone else! Is anyone else other then me going out from near the Colorado area? Would be nice to have someone else to drive with and chat on the CB with so I don't fall asleep at the wheel Dead Link Removed. Talk to you later, see everyone in Truck Haven Hills!

Matt

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Name tags sound fine with me. I have some tags that I bought for the Los Coyote Run but never used them, so I can bring them out.

Matt, I'm glad your going to make it out! I still have not heard yet if my mechanic is going to rent an RV or not. If he does not then my camper is full. If you need a tent, I have one you can use. This would free up some of your space in your truck. I will know by tommorrow about the RV. By the way if you have a cell phone or need to get in touch (in case you get lost) my cell no. is (714)231-7335.

One more thing, we will be using Channel 1 on our CB's. So if you get into Truckhaven and can not find us, call on your CB.

Anyone bringing their children?

My mechanic might be bring his two small girls along, not sure yet. But your kids are welcome to come along. If you decide to come are you camping or staying at a motel or hotel. If your camping, then we will keep a look out for you. One more thing, what day would you be arriving. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I live in Las Vegas. I am thinking about comming down to see everyone and POSSIBLY try some "real" 4 wheelin with my 99 Explorer with no real mods. I am still afraid about going off road with my new rig. Hopefully I can gain some 1st hand education on what I can do in the future.

My wife and I have deceided to camp in the back of my explorer. I just started to read the postings on this... Where is the main campsite and who do I contact???
Thanks in advance.
-Greengoose

------------------
Greengoose,
FORD=Fantastic Off Road Driving Dead Link Removed

[This message has been edited by greengoose (edited 01-09-2000).]

Back