Truck Haven Hills | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills

Paul is going to be posting some signs (yellow) just follow them to the camp @ Truck Haven.

Also, check out the link on thpage with the actual map.

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Greengoose, glad you can make it. I will put you down on our list of going. We will have a driver's meeting or talk on Sat. morning at around 8:30am-9:00am. We want to start the trails no later then 9:30am. Quite a few of us are arriving on Friday at all different times, so look for the signs that say "Serious Exploration!" and follow the blue arrows to the base campground. Should be easy to find. Truckhaven is off of highway 86 at Marina Dr. South. By the way, there will be others including Ford who will have stock Explorers, so we will find areas for people like you to have fun. See ya there!

Guess what.
I GET TO GO!!!! Dead Link Removed
Already have reservations at the motel. Dead Link Removed
MY wife and I should be there Friday night.
Looking forward to seeing and meeting all of you there! Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Im excited now... I am taking a 4 day weekend to go to this. I will be leaving Las Vegas Friday morning around 8ish. My wife and I am going to sleep in the back of the truck. We aquired a CB and have tow points (hopefully wont need them).

What exactly is the address or street crossing. I would like to print out an exact driving direction sheet from "YAHOO MAP".

I will have an emblem on my rear hatch displaying "GreenGoose".
Hope to see everyone this weekend!!!

------------------
Greengoose:
FORD = Fantastic Off Road Driving

Greengoose,

The cross street to reference is North Marina Drive, at Highway 86, in Salton City. You would take 15 south to 10 east. At Indio, take 111 to 86. When you see the Salton sea on your left, watch for N. Marina Dr. You'll turn right, where you should start seeing the Explorer signs.

I also have two tips for everyone who's never been to Truckhaven. One is that it can get windy. If you are tenting, make sure you have stakes (not to be confused with steaks), as I've seen tents blown away during serious wind. I've seen it dead calm also, so don't get scared off. Just watch the forecast for Palm Springs or El Centro before leaving. The second tip is if you are stock or near stock, think about increasing your clearance by removing things like side cladding or running boards, and aftermarket lights mounted below the bumpers. It's not necessary, but it would enable you to go more places and have more fun! Remember though, whatever you're driving, there is suitable terrain. See you there!

I get to go!!!! Yes!!!! Not sure exactly when I will get there, but I get to go!

I am not sure if I am coming yet. But if I do I want to get there Friday Night. It all depends upon several things that are going on. I have 2 kids, and I am not sure if my little girl (2 years) would enjoy camping out. If I go, I will be bringing my son (8 years). It mainly depends upon If I can find a relative who wants to watch my duaghter as my wife has to work all weekend. Oh yeah, and I am still trying to find a place for front tow hooks. I use mine daily and would really hate to mess it up with anything more than a few scratches.

ALL RIGHT!! Michael Rudd the feature editor for Fourwheeler Magazine just called and said he will be coming out to cover the Truck Haven Run!!

This is going to be a great weekend!!

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Rick - so what do what do I have to do to bribe Michael to put a picture of my Explorer in four-wheeler? Dead Link Removed

Rick,
I planned to make camp on Sat. morning. I also wanted to join the Ford dinner at Palm Canyon Resort in Borrego Springs.
Will there be any runs on Sat? Will there be a caravan to Borrego Springs from the camp to the resort?
Thanks,
Wil

------------------
"Don't go where the road don't go." -Ringo Starr

Wil - '92 EB

Rick,

Ive notice a few of us have confirmed that we are going. How many explorers are there now?

We now have a total of 22 trucks attending.
Wil is no.22.

Wil, there will be runs all day Saturday and Sunday. We are meeting at the staging area between 8:30 and 9:00 for a drivers orientation. We're heading out on the trail at 9:30am.

Yes there will be a caravan heading back to the hotel.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

To anyone who is still trying to make up their mind about attending this run, JUST SHOW UP! This is huge! Ford, Trailmaster, Fourwheeler, free food and beer, you don't want to miss it.

Did I mention the FREE FOOD AND BEER?

Just a few questions - will some be brinking a camp stove or something? The only one I have is huge and I don't want to take up all that space in my explorer but I would like to eat food and stuff occasionally Dead Link Removed. Also, does anyoen know the laws in California on handguns? I often take one with me four-wheeling, you never know when you might need it... basically I just need the laws on concealed or displayed hanguns, thanks.

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

IMPORTANT NOTE CHANGE!!!!

I made a error on the Marina Dr. exit. The turn off is North Marina Dr. Not South!!!

Also it was brought to my attention that each truck have some sort of airing up equipment. I will have 2 tanks of air along, but it can not refill everyones tires.

Matt you can use the stove in the camper if you want or I'm sure someone else can share their's with you.

Matt,
I will be bringing my AK47, so don't worry about it. jk.

I will have a grill to put over the fire place to do some Qing, so feel free to joing us and grill some animals!!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Matt, you may want to check the NRA's website for info. California has some of the strictist laws concerning guns.

In Arizona it's legal to drive with a loaded gun in your glove box or console, that's not the case in California though.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Back