Truck Haven Jan 16-18 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

I was in OC during the last storm but the desert didn't get much rain. Doesn't look like we're going to much if anything from the next one either:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its been raining here since about noon. Rained a bunch during the last storm. Flooded out the horse ranch, again. You gotta love a city that refuses to clean out a storm drain to protect a nesting habitat of a bird that may or may not be in that area. I sent them an email stating that since there was rushing water about two feet above the top of their culvert, I guarantee there are no birds living in there so now would be a good time to clean it out. Also reminded them that since this is a known issue as it happened before approximately five years ago, the city is responsible for any damages. They are now considering ways to clean it out without bothering the bird, who may or may not be in that area. Spent two days working on the horse trailer that had a high water mark 18" up the side.

This is who I have down so far:

Rick and Char
Maniak
danielwilsey
Tbars4
Bkennedy
Stic-O - Maybe
Demo1986
Ritsui - probably
DB-1 - Maybe

Thought I had posted however must not have hit the submit button.

Add Us as most likely. Chris and I are planning at this time to attend, that is if my Father-in-law remains stable.
I still have Fred's water bowl to return.:salute:

Is there going to be a group caravanning from SoCal?

Add Us as most likely. Chris and I are planning at this time to attend, that is if my Father-in-law remains stable.

...I know I saw and read your post...:dunno:

Is there going to be a group caravanning from SoCal?

..Not usually as most are fighting time and traffic but keep an eye on the thread and you might be able to head out with someone.. You might even invite someone else out and plan a caravan out too...:)

Chris probably would like his flashlight back too...although I have made good use of it :D

Bump...

Well it certainly feels like winter out here in the desert. The Santa Rosa's (mtn's looking north from T-haven) are covered in snow...they occasionally just get a dusting. The San Jacinto mts. by Palm Springs are covered top to bottom.

Trying to get a deal together for some used tires. If all goes good I'll be there with the Ranger, otherwise I'll just come out with the DD and hang out.

I'm in for sure now. I will most likely drive out Saturday morning and I think I'm going to stay overnight this time.

Just a couple weeks to go and gas prices are low :bounce:

Just a couple weeks to go and gas prices are low :bounce:

Yes:), and so are the temps :eek:. Bring warm things AND whatever firewood you can. Christmas trees burn hot and fast but don't seem to last.
Looking forward to getting together.

Ok "web wheelers" it's time to get out and do the real thing :D

Join us at Truck Haven January 16 -18.

We're 'newbie' friendly:chug:

Attachments

• 1D7_1879_800x530.jpg
    1D7_1879_800x530.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 1D7_1945_800x530.jpg
    1D7_1945_800x530.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 1D7_1887_800x530.jpg
    1D7_1887_800x530.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_2271.jpg
    DSC_2271.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_2245.jpg
    DSC_2245.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 215
  • don.jpg
    don.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 213

:popcorn::rangergreen::yelexp::roll::JP::exporange:rangertan::exp::navajo:

Unless we are visited by the cash and fix it genie, we are out. Transfer case gone, possible calateral damage from
Icarus' flight. Also still have battery issues with the motorhome.

Unless we are visited by the cash and fix it genie, we are out. Transfer case gone, possible calateral damage from
Icarus' flight. Also still have battery issues with the motorhome.

What about just bringing the ZukMAM rig? The baby hummer? Is that still a thing?

Also, I have a transfer case sitting here I could let go cheap. Won't help for this trip but I could drag it out with me.. Its an e-shift 1354 from a first gen.

~Mark

I have an electric case as well if you guys need it...let me know.

...polishes small brass lamp... :)

I knew I should have kept the old trans and t-case when I did the swap. Let them go for basically scrap price.

He actually has a manual t - case to put in it. Just no time to put it in.

I was leaning very much to going, but some things are happening at work that may make me have to stay home....in a good way.;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the magic genie appeared and a t-case has appeared! Looks like the H3 is up on deck.
Mud is still under the knife getting new axles and other goodies.

Back