Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
It's time to plan for the MLK weekend Truck Haven run January 18-20.

For those who are unfamiliar, Truck Haven is a huge playground for off-road vehicles located in the Southern California desert, immediately adjacent to Salton City, Ca.

There are trails for everyone, from mild, to wild. This is a great place to test your driving abilities as well as the capabilities of your Explorer. You can see the kind of fun we've had during previous events by checking out a Trip Report from a previous run :)

Newcomers are encouraged to join us at Truck Haven since there is such a wide variety of terrain. If you don't like the way something looks just let us know and we can find a bypass.

Vehicle damage: There is always a possibility of vehicle damage any time you go offroading. Damage could be to the vehicles body, or mechanical systems.

Most of the group camp in tents, RVs, pop up campers, etc.

There are NO facilities available at Truck Haven. Camping is primitive with no water, toilets or showers available. If you have a porta potty bring it. A 5 gallon bucket with a plastic bag will work well :D

Bring everything you will need. We normally have lunch on the trail at least one day. Everyone is also requested to bring firewood to add to our traditional BIG campfire. If you can't bring any don't worry about it, but the more we have, the warmer the fire:D

Bring your own cooking supplies. If you don't have any you can probably share someone else's grill.

Check for our upcoming Pot Luck Dinner thread. It has become a tradition to bring a favorite dish to share for our Saturday night meal. This has worked out GREAT in the past.

There is a large convenience store/gas station and a couple of restaurants in Salton City which is about 10 minutes from base camp.

Weather conditions in January usually consist of warm days and cool to cold nights, rain could be present. High winds, and driving dust storms are always possible. Come prepared!

Bring Firewood, including dead Christmas trees:D

Directions with a map to the campsite will be posted at a later date.

attachment.php

IMG_2208.jpg

thjan08008tz7.jpg

IMG_0139Medium.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wish I lived out that way. All I have is mud and sand dunes out my way.

If I make this it will be with out JP for the day as a passenger. Unless you guys think I could wheel the focus:D

Modifications in progress Steve?

I just ordered a helicopter that can carry my GoPro cam :D

More aerial photos from the trails :bounce:

Stic-cam in a Focus?..:scratch:

We will be at Truckhaven from Dec 22, 23, and maybe 24th, then headed over to my sister's place near Parker, AZ for the rest of the week.

Probably not going to make this one.

Thanks Jake fixed it:chug:

Modifications in progress Steve?

I just ordered a helicopter that can carry my GoPro cam :D

More aerial photos from the trails :bounce:

I need to do some work on the front end , but I just need to find time:( Maybe over x-mas vacation.

But mainly because April's birthday party on Sunday. I can maybe sneak away Saturday to come down, and will not cost hardly anything to cruise back and forth in focus.

You could always convince April that she get's two birthday parties, one in the desert and one at home a week before/later ;)

You could always convince April that she get's two birthday parties, one in the desert and one at home a week before/later ;)

It's not April that needs convincing. ;)

What are ya gonna do though...at least I still get out every once in awhile.

This also means I'm not haulin out dead x-mas trees stapped to the focus roof..although it wood be funny:D

Besides I don't want this guy coming after me for burning his friends!

1453220_10152144226113969_201974677_n.jpg

FR-425 where in the Phoenix area are you located? I'm up in Wittmann, between Wickenburg and Surprise on US60.

Just need some tires and I'm on my way

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back