Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20

Tonight I got home and the neighbors across the street had a firepit going and it I could smell the campfire smell, it was clear and you see the stars in the sky. JP was there...then I looked down and saw pavement. .:(

It was like I was almost there, then reality kicked in.:banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I spent about a half an hour around our fire here... Too dang cold! I'm back in the camper with Clyde!! ;)

It was still 75* when I got home at 7:30. How cold is it there?

Great pictures Rick. So far the SAS is working well.

Sent from my XT907 using Forum Runner

I was at the fire in shorts. Losing all that weight made Rick sensitive.

Sent from my XT907 using Forum Runner

...I should be there by lunchtime..:burnout:

..CB channel established?

..I made right close to DB_1's and I have to work a couple hours so what ti.e is dinner and is it potluck? Does anyone need something brought in?

Attachments

• 1D7_3665.jpg
    1D7_3665.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 1D7_3669.jpg
    1D7_3669.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 1D7_3670.jpg
    1D7_3670.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 1D7_3672.jpg
    1D7_3672.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 1D7_3673.jpg
    1D7_3673.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 287

...Muahaha...:D

...The Rangers are being represented in stereo this trip....:salute:

..I made it back home safe this morning although there were a number of accidents on the way home..

..Had a great time and the weather was perfect out there..80-86* in the day and dipping into the high thirties at night..We had great campfires and came real close to a chair burning but it survived to live another day..Gas was $3.43 at home and this time it was higher out there (than at home) at $3.49..

..Although there were 4-5 other groups camped near us, the trails were virtually empty in fact, the highway was pretty well vacant of toy haulers and truggies this MLK weekend..:dunno:

..Before I forget, I have to Thank Rick..He and I snuck over to the little Mexican restaurant (near the general store/Post office) for an awesome little late lunch and which was after..:shifty_ey ..he let me Pilot the Pumpkin Sunday..:eek: ..It survived although he caught me just in time about to lay a new permanent stripe down thepasenger side of the truck..:D

..Before I forget..

Call out for New Stock and Stock Modifieds

..If anyone would like to make it out to Truckhaven (or any of our many other impromptu offroad trips) and are a little reluctant, have some ideas or any questions, please feel free to pm me..

..I would really like to get another newbie group started of stockers who would be interested in learning how to camp out of your vehicles or offroad for beginners. We could even get together and do a trip geared solely for beginners with stock or stock modified vehicles and it doesn't have to be an RBV..We help the Jeep guys and other SUV owners out all the time..;)

..I only got to take a few pictures but will post them up in a bit..;)

Looks like y'all had a blast, wish we had places like that to wheel and camp around here, kinda jealous...... At least I can look at the pictures :thumbsup:

.Gas was $4.43 at home and this time it was higher out there (than at home) at $4.49..

I hope you me $3.43 $3.49...:eek:

Good Times!

This was my first run with this group,,, Good People ,,,,

Had a blast beat'n on "Kitty" just a bit.

Thank you to all for making me welcome, looking forward to seeing you on the dirt again.

Aaww,

Ok, here's some snaps I took:

Brian getting bent:

IMG_20140117_160935_zpse1e410b0.jpg

Pile of dirt #62

IMG_20140118_112348_zps5ebe35cb.jpg

The truck is painted purple, you named it yellow, but you call it Kitty? ?

IMG_20140118_143631_zpsdef8c526.jpg

Straight ahead then?

IMG_20140118_143755_zpsef3a5f20.jpg

It's a bird, it's a plane? NO,,,, it's Super Drone!

IMG_20140119_113548_zps78e127a0.jpg

Is that a pile of rocks on my running boards?

IMG_20140119_114006_zps69afd5ff.jpg

I'll bet the rain just rolls off that fender now.

IMG_20140119_114033_zps2d244921.jpg

How to make pretzel out of Pumpkin.

IMG_20140119_115624_zps07520f40.jpg

It's right over there! Can't you see it?

IMG_20140119_150026_zps3b2e135c.jpg

I had a great time this weekend, just sorry I wasn't around more at the campfire. Last night I fell asleep screwing with the quadcopter video. I just thought I would lay down for a second while the video processed and then I would bring it outside... Didn't quite work out that way and I paid for it by waking up at 4:30:eek:

Enough excuses here's the video crappy royalty free music and all ;)

BTW, the video is available in 1080HD resolution you have to adjust it for that manually it defaults to 360.

We all had a great time. Wish more people had come out, but still a good trip. Will post pictures later. New SAS worked well, had some known issues before I went out, and a few more after.

We all had a great time. Wish more people had come out, but still a good trip. Will post pictures later. New SAS worked well, had some known issues before I went out, and a few more after.

So I'll guess you'll have too work out those details and then we'll have to test it again naturally:D

Looks like y'all had a blast, wish we had places like that to wheel and camp around here, kinda jealous...... At least I can look at the pictures :thumbsup:

..Keep an eye on this planing thread as it is pretty close to you..;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400530

Stic-o...I fixed my dyslexic post..:D

..FR-425..You have a unique way of seeing things both in real life and in pictures...Could we be related?..:D..Btw, keep an eye on post by Scott B. and Brian1 for expedition type and also trail runs..;)

..If all those pictures were taken just with your phone, I'm impressed..Looking forward to your video's..I think Rick has some GoPro dash video from following you thru the ditches..:popcorn:

..:shifty_ey ..and if DB_1 don't check in soon, we will know "Dennis" had something to do with him going the way of the maid and the dog..:eek:

..Maniak, Stic-o, JoBunn and bro's, Froader, Bro of Jefe, and all the many others who were unable to make it, we sure did miss you guys this trip but we did talk about ya..:D

..I got tied up with work yesterday so I'll be working on posting my pics today..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like a great trip with a good group and good weather. Sorry i had to miss it. Rick, the helicopter video looks great. And Brian congrats on getting the SAS done finally.

Back