Truck Haven pics from this weekend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven pics from this weekend

FROADER

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Eddie
A few of us met this weekend at Truck Haven. As always, I had a good time. Here are a few pics from the trip.

1600Tom1-med.jpg

1600Rick4-med.jpg

1600Stico_Flex-med.jpg

1600John_Night1-med.jpg

1600Jefe_Flex-med.jpg

1600Colin3-med.jpg

1600Winter_Waterfall-med.jpg

The Glancy Crew fighting off one of BKennedy's flares to start the fire.

1600Glancy_Fire-med.jpg

I took this one for 410Fortune

1600Chopped_B2-med.jpg

The rest of the pics are here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wish I could have made it. Thanks giving is looking doubtful as well :( Doubt I will have driveshafts by then. I am thinkig newyears for sure though.

RockRanger said:
Wish I could have made it. Thanks giving is looking doubtful as well :( Doubt I will have driveshafts by then. I am thinkig newyears for sure though.

It's Ok matt there is talk of another.....aaahheemm (Secret Run) Before the Feb. Run. ;)

I 'll put some pics up later, and I'll get started on the video this week. There will be a trailer, release date and a movie....I getting nutty with this movie thing :confused:

Nice shots Colin. I like this one:

1600John_Rick_Lean.jpg

FROADER said:
I wanted to add one more pic to this thread. It's Tom at night, I really like this shot.

1600Tom_Night1-med.jpg

Is that the ditch of doom?

I just got home, found diesel at 2.49/gal in SoCal.. 2.55/gal in NoCal, makes the return trip way cheaper than the down trip. (2.76/gal and 2.63/gal) yes, it' dropped that much in 3 days.

Of course, the zuk kept up the curse, and broke. What broke? The driver's side spring shackle. :confused: It's a stamped part, so it couldn't handle the flexing. I was going to replace, but decided it was fine.. NOT.

Pics later, I've got some unpacking to do.

Holy Flex Jefe! I want mine to do that!

Here are a few pics. I have a lot more but it takes forever to go into PS change the sixe and then load them :rolleyes:

12287Rick1.jpg

12287jefe.jpg

12287group.jpg

12287overlook-med.jpg

wow that looks like you guys had some fun and the weather looked amazing

BigDave!!! said:
... the weather looked amazing
isnt that how the south-west is all year 'round? ;)

Stic-o said:
Here are a few pics. I have a lot more but it takes forever to go into PS change the sixe and then load them :rolleyes:

If you have Photoshop you can set it up to batch process your files. I believe it's called an Eggdrop.

RockRanger said:
Be sure to let us know when you are ready to test it. I'm pretty much free every weekend.

Perfect weather, no crowds, wow...sigh. :(

Whose RC "thunderboat"? Rick's? Trippy!

Jefe brought the RC's?

That BII needs some help! hahaha thanks though!

Looks like fun, Colin truck run okay for ya? :)

Jefe hood and bumper look great..looks like you found some new territory out there? (What do I know I have only been twice :( )

Now thats how you stuff a tire:
1600Jefe_Stuff-med.jpg

Drool

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great pics :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unfortunatly I didn't take a single pic, not even from the plane. :( I do have 30 mins of aerial video though. I found out that my current computer doesn't have firewire though, so I'm going to have to setup an older computer to cut down the video and post it.

Yes, I brought the RC planes. 4 of them in all: Park Shark, Super Shark, Mini 3D and Hydrofoam. See thread

It was great to see 7 Explorers (and a Jeep) out on a run together. Been a while since I'd wheeled with so many.

I managed to break an engine mount. Its still contained, but makes a racket when I floor it. Other than that and Toms shackle, we did well this trip :)

Back