• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven

SDMike

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Just got back from Truckhaven. Had a great time even though I missed the pack by about ten minutes, but still had fun off on my own...anyways, still stuffed from the great dinner provided by the Ford people, and smiling ear to ear from the Trailmaster shocks I won in the raffle and the nice ford jacket. Thanks Rick for organizing a great event...sorry can't be there on Sunday to play with you guys..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Truck Haven ROCKED!!!

Special thanks to Rick, Paul, Ford, and ALL the others that helped put together a really fun weekend!

Can't wait to see the pics on this web site.

It was also especially nice to see and meet the faces of people that pop up here on the msg boards!

Thanks again,

WOADKIL WIL

------------------
"Don't go where the road don't go." -Ringo Starr

Wil - '92 EB

I never caught the flu bug, but after a day in the dirt with Rick and the gang I have suffered a relapse of the "build-up" bug!
It was great to meet Sunday's group and my wife now wants an off road dedicated vehicle as well!! We had fun getting dirty, but the best part was seeing your awsome Explorers, (and Ranger!) and meeting the people behind the posts.
We look forward to the next event and vow to attend the whole thing! We'll pass along our pictures of the last "rescue" when they are developed.
Thanks to Rick, Ford, and everyone who made it happen.
Rick

------------------
Rick
95 Explorer Sport Expedition
Dead Link Removed

[This message has been edited by ExplorGM (edited 01-17-2000).]

What can i say about Truck Haven...That was just awesome. It was alot of fun. Wanted to say thank you to Kevin, Jay, and Wendy for letting my dad and i tag along. Jay, that was just Awesome Dead Link Removed . My dad had a great time. The funny thing..now he seams more into it than i do now..lol. On the way home he was talking about getting a 4wd sport. hehe...i'll just have to keep that thought in his head. We both look forward to doing this again, but hopefully next time we'll have our own vehicle to play with. Dead Link Removed .
Thanks to Rick, Paul and Ford for getting this whole thing to fall through. Maybe we can make this an annual event?
The cool thing now, is when you see the names of the board users you can now put a face to it. Alot better than thinking of blank screen.
Thanks again to everyone who participated,
Brian Wooton
94 2wd

This was absolutly the best event possible. Rick and Paul made this an A1 operation. I met a lot of wornderful people who gave me a lot of knowlede for free. I learned that a stock explorer is not helpless. The best part was meeting everybody and making a lot of new friends. I plan on attending many more events in the future.

And remember, Im no longer stock, I have new headlights Dead Link Removed. And Matt can be happy that they are PIAA.

This weekend in Truckhaven may rate as one of the best things I have ever done in my life. I learned so much from everyone there. Many thanks to Ford, Rick, Paul, and everyone else who shared advice and knowledge with me.
I could not belive what my stock 99 Limited could do...I did things that I would never would have attempted on my own. WOW
I hope that next time I have the new trailmaster lift and some BFG's.
It was very nice meeting everyone. And most of all.... My wife now wants a lift for our truck, thanks to this weekend. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Greengoose:
FORD = Fantastic Off Road Driving

"last" rescue? We had two more on sunday - one from Juan, and one for me. (yea, you ain't 4 wheeling, until your stuck I say.. and we got both of them stockers stuck!)

Well, this is also a test to see if the BBoard likes me or hates me.. more to follow later!

Of course, I also had the only Mazda Navajo.. So I made rick take pictures, to put on the web site! :)

hey guys - just got int o colorado around 1 am this morning. Whoever drove 21 hours to get home, in about 6 inches of snow at tiems, with only half of an anti-sway bar please raise there hands. <Matt shyly raises his hand>. Glad everyone had fun, thanks Paul and Rick and Ford, I dropped off my ph otos last night around 1 am - hopefully they'll be done by tomorrow and we can get em on the web! Glad I got to use the winch - by the way your welcome Juan Dead Link Removed. Definately worth the drive. I'd do it again if I had the option Dead Link Removed.

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

oh yeah I almost forgot - did anyone get the card of the guy from four-wheeler? I was thinking of sending him a little note, thanking him for coming out, etc. Oh and greengoose, tell your wife (sorry I don't even remember her name) that I only pick on the people I really dislike, LOL j/k.

Matt

------------------
Matt Adams
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Last weekend was probably the best fourwheeling trip I've ever been on! It was GREAT meeting everyone face to face. What a great group of people (24 Explorer owners with friends and family, 20 Ford engineers and 2 media representatives)!

I learned a lot by looking at everyone's rigs, was VERY impressed by the abilities of the stock and mildly modified Explorers and was astonished to see Ford and members of our group hammer on Fords brand new 2001 Explorer Sport and Sport Trac.

Once again my thanks go out to Paul Bredehoft, for his help organizing the event, Ford Motor Company for their continued interest in our group, Trailmaster for showing up with their lifted '99 Explorer, Explorer Express for bringing their supercharged V-8 Explorer for us to see, Michael Rudd of Fourwheeler Magazine, & Tom Wilson of Super Ford Magazine for their coverage of the event. I would also like to thank PIAA, KKM, FLY-N-HI Offroad Centers and the Chart House Restaurant for generously donating door prizes for the event.

If you couldn't make this run I sure hope you will be able to make it next year. I would like to see this become an annual "Serious Exploration" Event!

Now I have to unpack and start editing photos. The article will be prepared by the end of the week and I will post some preliminary photos in a new thread called "Truckhaven Photos".

Dead Link Removed Thanks again for a GREAT weekend!!!!! Dead Link Removed

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-18-2000).]

Ok guys, we have a problem.....Michael Rudd form Fourwheeler just called and it seems the lab destroyed all his film!!

Michael did shoot the group shot on my camera as well as his own though, so we should be covered there. I shot 3 rolls of slide film myself and will send him my best shots as soon as they are processed.

Here is my suggestion. When you have your film processed get double prints made and send me you best shots from the ride. We need sharp well exposed well composed images. I will then bring the prints to my pro-lab and have them converted to 35mm slides which is what the magazine would like to see.

Peter, I know you shot slides out there, Michael already told me that he will return any material which is sent to him so let me know if you have some good shots.

Michaels news was very disappointing, but I'm sure we can work this through.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

What can I say. If you missed this one, you missed one hell of a run!!!! Words alone can not describe what happen this past weekend. You had to be there to experience it.

Thanks Rick for all your help. The nice color photo sheet of Explorers from your web page, that you gave to each truck member who participated.

Thanks also for getting Rick Haas and his terrific Ford team to come out all this way from Detroit and showing us and letting us drive the new Explorer Sport and Sport Trac.
I know I for one already told the Ford team that the new Sport Trac would look great with the new TrailMaster 4" lift kit on it.

What an experience to exchange ideas with the engineers and Tech. from Ford. We made a lot of new 4x4 off-roads out of them. They couldn't believe what the Explorer (stock & modified) could do. And believe me, we did some crazy stuff. They were AMAZED!!!

Thanks Darien (my off-road mechanic) for all your free mechanical advice to everyone who asked,and for helping out when needed. Yes the new Advance Adapter Atlas II 3.8 transfer case is GREAT!!!

Thanks Bill (RangerX) for your help in finding new trails to go on and showing how great a Ranger 4x4 is.

Thanks Ray Hutchinson for helping me take down the large banner and stand.

Thanks TrailMaster 4Wheeler Mag., Super Ford Mag. and Ford Express for showing your support in coming out and donating prizes for our raffle.

And most of all thanks to all of the great people who came with their Explorer's from far & near. If takes a bunch of great people to make a great event happen!

THANKS!!!!!

WOW,
Was That GREAT or What Dead Link Removed
Rick, Paul, Ford, Thanks for such a wonderful time. Char, Thanks for your encourgement to Sandy, she was really suprised at what she went through, and now she's saying we need to lift the truck and get bigger tires. You are my hero! Dead Link Removed
Juan, Matt, roadkill, GreenGoose and wife, tdavis, Wendy,Ray Hutchinson and wife, RangerX, Jay and wife, and Brian Wootan and Dad and all the others, it was a great pleasure meeting all of you and running with you all. Dead Link Removed
Pierre, Me thinks you got the bug big time. There are others on this board from around your area, look them up, there's plenty of people to go 4wheeling with.
TrailMaster. WHEN IS THE LIFT GOING ON SALE!!!! Thanks for all the info and your truck was totally cool! Dead Link Removed
One last think, Anyone that happened to get a picture of my green 97 XLT I would really appreciate it if you would send ,email, Post them so I could get ahold of them. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Unfortunately I could not make Truckhaven this weekend. Glad to hear everyone had a blast.

Did anyone ask the Trailmaster guys the big question? Will there be a lift for those of us with a '96 Explorer?

Thanks,

Jim

Well, its good to see that everyone seems to have made it back relatively unscathed. From the reports I'm reading, it appears that everyone had a great time. I really wish I could have made it.

I'm anxious to read all the reports on the trip, including those from the magazines. It's not every day that you get 25 or so Explorers together to have some fun in the dirt. Dead Link Removed

Welcome back!

------------------
Tom

THAT WAS A GREAT RUN!!!!
I would like to say thanks again to Rick and Paul for their time in setting up the run, and thanks to FORD,Explorer Express, and Foruwheel mag for coming out to see what an EXPLORER can realy do in the drit.
It was great to meet the people and compair
rigs.
If it's Mohab in May then how about Rubicon in July. Sounds good to me.
jerry (thunderhorse)

[This message has been edited by thunderhorse (edited 01-19-2000).]

Kevin Kocher Here. I was trying to describe to my buddies what it was like to be stretching out the suspension in truckhaven, with a Ford rep in your passeger seat, and 4 wheeler mag underneath your truck at the same time snapping photos. All I could think was, move over Viagara, have we got a cure for you! Thanks to all, it was by far the most overwhelming off-road trip I've ever been on. Paul and Rick, you out-did yourselves, and the support from Ford was unforgettable. I'm still in awe of the whole thing.

[This message has been edited by felsmann (edited 01-19-2000).]

Well, I have to second every thing everyone has said!! I have not stopped talking about this trip since I got back. It was the best.
We again, have to thank Rick and Paul for the great success and for having Ford, Trailmaster, 4Wheeler (even though they screwed up the photos) and the other magazine, which I think it was Super Ford or something like that.

Hey those who have pictures and would like to see mine and my video clips, go to the following link and sign up to ecircles. The photos are in the photo album, and the videos are on the file sharing section. Please upload as many pictures as you can so we can all share (including Rick)
Dead Link Removed

On a different note (for those '95-'97 owners) Trailmaster is going to hold off on a kit for us, unfortunatelly, their kit will need some modification for us to be able to use it. However, I found a Company locally who has sold about 15 modified 4' Superlift kits and sell it for about $2,000 installed.

I am meeting with them within the next week to verify this. More to come.

Hope to see even more people in Moab!!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD
Warrior Twist

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Juan,
I tried to sign up and login, but the damn thing kept saying "Invitation Withdrawn
Sorry, you will not be able to join , because the invitation has been withdrawn".

What's the scoop? Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Back