Truck Haven | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol RN till Dec 28th er something were stay at home order if u do go count on gavin newsom bringing his rigs as well. It's been a tough year.

I think that everyone who is considering doing this should still save the date. We can’t camp in Ocotillo Wells (state park) right now, but Superstition (BLM land) is only a few minutes away, & has & always will be open. NO ONE CAN STOP US from going camping in the desert on BLM land.

I’ve organized meets in the past in this area & as long as we don’t have vendors, no one is going to say a damn thing!

B6D1B8A0-FA5A-4A86-8BED-15C715531847.jpeg

Isn't Truckhaven BLM land? @BKennedy ?

In 2007 California State Parks acquired lands north of S-22 in Imperial County. This area has been known as Freeman, Desert Cahuilla and Truckhaven Hills. In 2010 a southern section of the land formally became part of Ocotillo Wells SVRA.

If the state park is still closed to camping next month, maybe we could move this over to Superstition Mountain area. Like TravisFab says, its nearby and BLM land so its open. I might be able to get out there for a day drive and look around after Christmas since I haven't been there since I was a kid on a motorcycle.
Superstition Mountain - California Trail Map

I am hoping to be able to make this trip, if it goes.

So are we doing this? Superstition/Plaster City is very close (10 miles) and wide open for camping.

I think at this point we need to call this a bunch of friends camping in the desert & not any sort of an "event"

:( :banghead:

I wish I was at Truck Haven and not on my couch.

:( :banghead:

I wish I was at Truck Haven and not on my couch.

It would have been a beautiful day out there too. It was in the 80's

Keep letting us know when you are planning meets or day runs, I will make it out there eventually.

Well, I know who to contact when I'm ready to get rid of the Navajo axles now:laugh:

Well, I know who to contact when I'm ready to get rid of the Navajo axles now:laugh:
If you have Dana 44 axles, I want them!

Truckhaven area is open again to primitive camping, along with the Anza-Borrego State Park.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back