truck now vs stock | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

truck now vs stock

thanks everyone for your feed back im doing an soa soon i just need longer brake lines in the rear and cut the shock mounts or get some longer/bigger shocks but ill probably end up cutting them and taking off sway bar.
i dont think 35"s will fit without the triming or at least not the front im worried that they wont fit with all the triming i already have

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a question....I am doing the TT/Shackle lift (Copperhead Shackles) with BL soon.

Do i need to get longer sway bar end links for the front. I plan on keeping the sway bar for now...

By the way the truck looks nice...

Paul

I have a question....I am doing the TT/Shackle lift (Copperhead Shackles) with BL soon.

Do i need to get longer sway bar end links for the front. I plan on keeping the sway bar for now...

By the way the truck looks nice...

Paul

nope you dont need anything but what you have if your 2wd id sugest ordering new bolts from zabtech or somewhere but if your 4wd just be sure only to lift front 2in i dont recomend doing the tt but i did do it and after i had to get new ball joints upper and lower and then new hubs and allignment the ball joints and hubs where mostly from just ware and tear.

to answer your question you dont need anything but the shackles and tighten the t-bar bolts and your allignment.

xtrmest your links in your signature are not working...

well i have BAD news i got into an accident!!!!! well basicly this lady in a lexus hit her brakes for no reason and i was following to close and i hit my brakes but slamed into the back of her es300 she is now looking at 3-5k in damage and i am looking at 500- for my truck. why you might ask ? well because my brush guard took the damage for my truck it did 2 little dents on the hood and the brackets to raise it need to be re made or rebent fortinatly i was lucky enough that i had my brush guard. i will never own another truck without one they are amazing.

sorry to hear about the accident. glad you are OK...

Yeah I took the pics down from MYST.com....

I have the longer Torsion bolts from Zabteck....I used to be partners with Todd Z and George C in both MYST.com and Zabteck. This is Paul H from MYST.com...

Thanks...4X4 by the way..

Paul

yep anytime i will be rebending the brackets so i can remount the brush guard i looked at it and it looks like the the top 2 brackets and the bottom two go a little bent up hopefully easy fix the bottom brackets where they where welded together to make up for body lift is starting to rust a little i might have to get new mounting brackets for lower... :(

easy fix a sludge hamer and a big vice grip and was able to bend top brackets and just knock bottom ones straight all good i will post pics later today

You are supposed to dent it on the trails, not on the street. :D

dont have any trails in Florida or at least none that are legal to go on there is one but its got a no trust passing sign up

what is a TT mod that I keep reading on here?

a tt ( torsion twist ) is a lift that only requires you to tighten 2 bolts for 2 in fit lift in the front for 4wds and more if your 2wd search around u should be able to find info about it around here

dont have any trails in Florida or at least none that are legal to go on there is one but its got a no trust passing sign up

No trails in FL? Thats crazy talk. I am not sure around your area of the details but I know for sure you can get you an ORV permit and drive around the trails in Bear Island in Big Cyprus Preserve. I live in Miami and I have plenty of places I can go within 30 minutes. There are lots of wildlife managment areas in FL where you can wheel. Lots of muddy places too.

ah ok, not big fan of turning stock torsion bars. On my last truck, a ifs toyota i put in larger torsion bars and turn them up but i also added a huge custom front bumper with 2" reciever for a cradle mounted winch. so after all done the ride flex was a good a stock just taller.

No trails in FL? Thats crazy talk. I am not sure around your area of the details but I know for sure you can get you an ORV permit and drive around the trails in Bear Island in Big Cyprus Preserve. I live in Miami and I have plenty of places I can go within 30 minutes. There are lots of wildlife managment areas in FL where you can wheel. Lots of muddy places too.

whats an orv permit and where can i get one ?

http://www.nps.gov/bicy/planyourvisit/orv-use.htm

Your truck would be considered a street legal 4x4 and only able to go in the bear island area as the rest of the place you need a swamp buggy or quad bike. Theres some cool trails there though. Some areas can get muddy during rainy season so its good to go with at least 2 trucks in case one gets stuck, unless you have a winch. Another place to go is JW Corbett, havent been there myself but I know folks who have.

http://myfwc.com/RECREATION/WMASites_JWCorbett_recreation.htm

There are some serious large mud lands west of Miami close to trail glades public range. no permits needed but best to go in a group as it has some deep mud areas. I used to go there in a Bronco with 12" lift on 40" tires and even it would get stuck.

In the North of the state where it dryer you have Ocala national forest. There are tons of trails and it must be a fairly dry because I see people going in there with sand rails. When I get my trac setup I am planning on going camping there and checking out the trails. Probably will be going this fall or winter.

thanks for all the info ill look into it

no problem, anymore questions just let me know.

so its been a while but im going to up date this

Picture048.jpg

1244580727741.jpg

2009-06-11171459.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

good pics. looks like your parked beside a stock ST in that one pic but what about the black one in the other pic? looks to be 2" short?

Back