truck trend,,, showing the new explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

truck trend,,, showing the new explorer

IZ is right. The Suzuki approach would be great for a Ford utilitarian vehicle. The whole power liftgate thing combined with power everything is what is making $40,000 SUV's. Keep it simple, and the public will buy- hence the Ranger rising in sales again.

IM with IZ- someone needs to make a basic, bare bones TRUE 4x4 SUV, 2 or 4 door with solid axles and link/coils like a Jeep. I dont think the big 3 believe that this would be a big seller but i beg to differ. There is no such thing as an econo capable SUV 4x4 anymore... yet there are people out there who would still buy them.

Build the thing like the late 90's cherokee... 2wd gets a solid beam front for cheaper costs, make the only options A/C, cruise, power windows and an auto. One cupholder and THATS IT. Base model 4cyl/5spd 4x4 that gets a true 22mpg and stickers at $15k.

People will buy them, especially in our current economy.

No power seats.
No power mirrors.
No electronic buttwiper with 15psi fragrance dispenser

I saw these pics months ago lol. Anyone have pics of the sketches of the ACTUAL 2011 explorer?

I am going to assume the mountaineer is getting the axe for 2011 too right?

I have actual CAD for the '11 Explorer interior and exterior...too bad I can't show anyone outside of Ford.

^^ and does it look like the ugly station wagon shown on previous pages?? Cough 1 for yes,, 2x for no, :p

Back