Truck turns off sometimes when I’m slowing down (braking) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck turns off sometimes when I’m slowing down (braking)

FMP Mtz

Reaction score
City, State
Houston tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 explorer Eddie Bauer
I have a 2006 Ford Explorer I’m having a couple issues with.
1) the air conditioner cools real good but at random times the compressor stops working and blows hot air.
2) the truck turns off randomly when I’m braking/slowing down for example a turn on a street a stop sign or red light
3)the truck hesitates to go when I hit the accelerator I’m thinking about one or two seconds then it accelerates not all the time but most of the time I

don’t know if the problems are related but it’s frustrating any input will help thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Almost sounds like it could be a wiring/computer issue, have you checked your wire harness?

Almost sounds like it could be a wiring/computer issue, have you checked your wire harness?
I only say that because these symptoms are pretty random and at least with my knowledge I don't know how they could be connected, or if they even are.

The AC issues sounds like it could be low on refrigerant. This would cause the compressor to cycle on and off accounting for the warm/cool cycles of air from the vents. The other problems might be fuel system related. Mainly in regard to fuel pressure. Maybe the pickup tube on the pump has issues (exacerbated by lateral G forces) or something is causing fuel pressure to drop randomly or under certain conditions. Also, have you checked for trouble codes?

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer I’m having a couple issues with.
1) the air conditioner cools real good but at random times the compressor stops working and blows hot air.
2) the truck turns off randomly when I’m braking/slowing down for example a turn on a street a stop sign or red light
3)the truck hesitates to go when I hit the accelerator I’m thinking about one or two seconds then it accelerates not all the time but most of the time I

don’t know if the problems are related but it’s frustrating any input will help thanks
In reference to the truck turning the engine off when braking or slowing down to turn, I had the same symptoms. The Check Engine Light (CEL) was active. After spending a lot of time chasing different codes and making repairs (12 codes one day, 6 codes the next, 11 codes on a different day), it was finally resolved after replacing the ECM. I did not have the tools to reprogram the keys so I relied on the Ford dealer to do the work. Ironically, the repair tech at the dealer recommended that I purchase my own ECM as the dealer would not be able to purchase the part in a timely manner.

Back