truck won't engage drive gears | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SLOW RIDER

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 FORD EXPLORER XLT
this my second explorer i had it for 7 months the engine don't over heat but when i drive for it for to long the trans drip really bad once all the trans fluid dripped out and i push it a few blocks to the store got some trans fluid and
made it home that trans fluid dripped out also i waited a few days got some fluid and poured it in to see where its dripping from nothing came out i filled the trans up and only reverse would engage the gears seemed to be in neutral i started to pumping the gas angry and i heard a grinding sound and a pop and it took off i drove around for a while no fluid dripped it was fine for a few mouths but it was a delay when in engaging drive and for about a mouth it been a grinding sound if gas hit to hard. yesterday i went out and drive wouldn't engage i pumped the gas and it pop and grind and took off i drove to the gas station put it in park thinking it will go back in drive and was stuck good thing it was 6 in the morning i drove home in reverse and now im clueless trans fluid fine i can't force it in gear for some reason i think the transmission lose my kid first day of school monday any ideas would valued bad or good thanks

Time for a rebuild...

I was thinking that i don't have the extra cash hopefully i can sell it thanks for the response

Back