Truckhaven 2001!! | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2001!!

Less than a month

just a few more weeks and we'll all be congrigated around the campfire. Are there any other 2wd showing? I'm feeling a little lonely out there. Just so the 2wd guys know. I can go where the stock 4wd go and sometimes make it through easier than them, since i'm semi locked in the rear.
See everyone out there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brian Wooten will be out there with his 2wd Explorer :D

Hey Rick...

Gopher is Brian Wooten. He changed his name after the pre-run.

DOH!!!!

Rick.....is there any chance a mailing list can be put out like was done at CCR. I've also got the chips and some Jerkey ready for the potluck. Man...I can't wait.

Is it official? Is there going to be a potluck on Saturday night?

I'm for it, if everyone else is!

Yep, potluck is official for Saturday night.

I suggest we do the potluck like we did in Colorado. Everyone supply their own meat and beverage and bring a side dish or desert to share with the group.

Also another reminder to bring firewood!! It can be cold out there at night and it's nice to have a good size campfire to sit around.

Hey Brian Kennedy...

Do you still have access to some more of that wood like we had at the pre-run? I'm going to be bringing my trailer, and could come up there on the way, or earlier during that week to pick some up. Let me know. Also, do we know what night the night run will be. I may have to come back to San Diego saturday night then back out on sunday. I just don't want to miss the night run....that was really a blast.

Brian Kennedy brought the bulk of the wood that we had. I'll ask him if he'll be able to get more.

I plan on bringing some wood. Took down a patio roof and cut up the 2x4's into foot and a half long pieces.
Hope that helps.

Did see right in the Truckhaven 2001 details thread there's going to be lifted 2001 Snort Trac there?

Ohhhhhhhyea!

GPS Coordinates

Anybody have the GPS coordinates for the camp site at T-Haven or something close? Also, if I wanted to get coordinates of other places, anyone know how I would do that?

Tow hooks

It's the GM tow hooks that work for the front of a 94 right? I'm going to go out and get them. Would i be able to use a D hook that would fit through the frame also?

2weeks left. :bounce: Holy S#@* Batman.

:banghead: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

The GM hooks do work for the 94, do you mean d-ring shackles???

leebo

You're right..D shackles... :banghead: LoL i'm a fool. How can you have a D hook? lol...brain fart. It's to early for me.
Thank you

If you can find a pair large enough......tell me...I'll by 4 right now. I've been looking around just about everywhere I can think of. The only place that might have them is construction stores. Even some of them just look at me funny. I ended up drilling the frame for a pair up front. They were a pain in the butt to do too.....unless you take off the bumper.

i remember someone saying that they found the D shackle at a farm equipment store. I wonder if you could find something at an army surplus or something similar.

it will be a mad dash for me but I'm still hoping to get there... I may even be bringing out my new rig (pending possible sale that would complete about a week before the event!) Hopefully I can find a trailer I can stick Vegas on...

Give me a yell matt.....One of the guys at work owns a trailer and I'm sure if it's open that weekend he'd let you use it. You would need some way to get everything to Vegas....but I'm sure U-haul wouldn't know the difference......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It doesn't look like I will be able to make it down there with you. My brother just got a new job and needs my help moving all his stuff that weekend. There might be a slight chance that I could get there if I only help load up here and don't worry about helping him unload at his new place but that is unlikely. I will be waiting to see the
post-trip report!!

Back