Truckhaven 2001!! | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2001!!

hmmmm....

hey Mac, those numbers are either on this post or the pre-t-haven one. I remember Rick posting them. You'll have too look through here or just email Rick. Leebo and Gopher, I have an industrial hardware store about two miles from here that has the D-Rings and any size....ANY SIZE. Can't wait to see everyone there...sounds like everyone is going to be as busy as I am....I'm doing extended brake lines, front disconnect and new shocks. See you there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bluedog.....can you get me a price for two shackles for the rear??? I'd love something to go back there since I've all but done broke off the tow hooks that were there.

CLIMBNKD....sorry about you not being able to go. Dont you just hate owning an explorer sometimes. Look foward to seeing you soon though,....moad is just a few months a way.

WHERE IN THE HECK AM I???

I've been looking at the map and it doesn't look like too bad of a trip. I plan on taking highway95 to the 40 and then back to highway95. Then head on down to I10. Head west over I10....but then where. I see the Salton Sea isn't too far off the interstate and I see a vehicular rec. area, but I don't see no road or highway #'s till I hit indio. There is a highway but I can't tell the #.

It also looks like I'm calling in sick on Friday, so I might leave late Thursday and spend all day Friday there...one more day of wheeling.....YES!!!!

[Edited by leebo on 12-29-2000 at 10:23 AM]

leebo

Go to the 'Truckhaven 2001 Details' thread. Rick posted a map that should get you there.

See you in 2 weeks.

Firewood

Bluedogbandit:

Most of the wood I can get in bulk is too wet for this trip. I have about a truck full that I am bringing. Its pretty good, some large pieces, mostly fireplace size though. I am going by the yard where the wet wood is stored tomorrow to see if they have any dry stuff. If they do, I'll let you know. Bluedog, send your email address to
BRSKennedy@Juno.com so we can talk direct about a wood pickup if you want more than I can haul in my Explorer.

I am going out to the camp site Thursday afternoon to evening, anyone else??

Got new shocks all the way around, fab'd some sway bar disconnects front and rear that I finished today (they actually worked, I can't believe it!!). Moved the rear shocks up about 3 inches and took off the stock leaf mount so I won't keep bashing them on rocks. It seems to ride the same with 3 inch shorter shocks in the rear. I spent a whopping $8.00 in material and $25.00 cash for some holes I did not feel like wearing out my drill on. Pretty good for something I saw costing up to $350.00 (sway bar disconnects that don't even fit right, $150.00, and custom leaf mount work at up to $200.00). I also showed my new rear shock/leaf mounts to a metal fabricator in Escondido, CA that does mostly farm vehicle fab's. He said he could duplicate the job I did for around $60.00 per set if anyone is interseted.

Brian, Char and I are leaving Phoenix Thursday after school. We'll be there, but not until fairly late.

I might arrive first!! COOOOOOOOLLLLLLL.... Then I can pre-run the night run. I have a great idea for a night run..the same wash, but this time we go up it and come back down another across (south) of S-22. It should be a fairly easy run and thats what we want for night time, right??

I CAN'T WAIT, I'm driving the wife crazy with talking about our truck and the trip. Maybe I'll leave Wed. night instead. Maybe Tues. night! See Ya there!

Kennedy

Brian,
I'm going to try the night this time. You going to make it easy enough for me? I'm going to bring some spray paint so that i can put my girlfriends name and mine on that concrete base out there. :p This should be a fun trip.

My dad and i should be there early friday morning. Who else is going to be there on Friday.

Rick,
Are there alot of stockers going or other 2wd? Hopefully we can break up the groups farely easily, so that everyone gets to have fun and wheel at different levels depending on.

Colin,

U think i should leave my subs in? Thought about strapping them in.

Currently, Ji and me are planning on heading down from here (Oakland, CA) around 5pm, on thursday night. yea, we'll get there about 3am friday morning, but it means we'll beat the traffic in LA!

We'll probably be meeting at the first truckstop south of the I-5/I-580 split, and going down together from there.

Can't wait! I'm thinking about a simple night run on Friday.. Got lights, Cameras, just need action!

See ya all then!

FIREWOOD

Hey Gopher, the hardest part of that night run was right at the beginning climbing up to the powerline road. You did it the next day...so you should be able to do it at night. That is if we even start from the same place. OK, are there a lot of people planning on buying wood and packing it long distances with them. I have to work friday, but am willing to take a trip out thurday afternoon to bring wood. Brian Kennedy has the wood, it's just a matter of getting a large amount of it out to the site. I know that after getting all packed up with your 4x4 stuff and campping stuff, it's a pain getting the firewood in, so I'm sure if you were planning on buying wood to bring you wouldn't mind pitching in a couple of bucks for the gas to haul the wood. Depending on how much Brian can get, I can even bring my trailer. Does this sound good to anyone, or should I just worry about myself. It's been nice lately, but we all know how the evenings can get out there. Let me know.

Wood is good...

You can't get enough wood on a cold night. Given the size of the group I'm sure there will be more than one fire going like last year. Bring as much as you can haul and afford. That way no one will have to go without.

There will be several mildly modified Explorers out there. Basically stockers. I'm not sure how many 2wds. There will be runs for everyone.

Saturday nights run, will be for EVERYONE, no excuses. The run is a lot of fun at night and everyone can make it without a problem.

Sunday nights run will be for those with good articulation and preferably at least one locker or limited slip device.

Posted by Rick from Char's 'puter.

Brian W.
If you don't mind vaccuuming your box and cleaning out the subs, go for it. Also if you have the room, sure why not.

Can we do a harder night run on Saturday night also? I would like to go on the hills out of the wash once during the night. I have only one the wash at night and would like something tougher.

See you guys out there.Dead Link Removed

Less than 2 weeks!!!

Ji, glad to hear you are going to make it.

Tom, what kind of lights did you get.

Rick, I knew you couldn't resist adding that second night run, it was just way too much fun.

I should arrive Friday evening. If I get my way at work though, I am going to try to get the day off or at least a half day. After the New years run, I am very happy the new lockers and gears. They worked great and almost made it too easy. I will also be bringing a couple bundles of wood to contribute to the wood pile. Hopefully Collin can come up w/ a bigger contibution this time.

alright, alright...

icon_smile_dissapprove.gif
I will definitely have some wood this time. Trying to get a couple palletes.

geez will I ever make up my mind? I'm currently trying to decide if it will be worth my money to drive out there this year, with the purchase of the new ride it might not be feasible... I've got a few weeks to go though and I'll probably still be there :).

Matt, what are we going to do with out Vegas there to light the way?

Come on! You've got to show up.. It's just gas, and vacation time!

Also, will someone tell me when is sleep scheduled? It appears all these night runs will be interrupting it..

Originally posted by tdavis
Currently, Ji and me are planning on heading down from here (Oakland, CA) around 5pm, on thursday night. yea, we'll get there about 3am friday morning, but it means we'll beat the traffic in LA!

We'll probably be meeting at the first truckstop south of the I-5/I-580 split, and going down together from there.

Can't wait! I'm thinking about a simple night run on Friday.. Got lights, Cameras, just need action!

See ya all then!

Tom, that means you will be going past my place about an hour after you two hook up. I'm still trying to see if I can make it. I'll know by the end of the week if I can do it. I will send you a email.

I'm not sure when I'll be getting there, but it's looking like Friday night sometime. I've got to work Friday, but I switched shifts to morning so I'll be gone by noon. I doubt that I can get anything else crammed into my truck so I'm going to toss a few bucks somebodys way for the firewood. I can't wait. I can't wait for the night run!!!!

Goofer....I'm mostly stock so you'll have somebody to run with.

Everybody....don't forget to sign up for the pot-luck on saturday. Theres a thread Rick started up right now.

BTW......tdavis.....don't make me smack you. You don't need sleeps

STILL GOING!!!!

Tom give me a call. I already posted for a desert, and will try to bring some wood also. I will be camping out since Sandy won't be able to go this time, still recovering from surgery. Will be there with Tom and Ji sometime Friday am.
Got the gears and locker in and put the compressor in, but I have question.
Am I supposed to have the relay also? It's all wired up, but it doesn't work. I believe that it has to have the relay in it in order for the compressor to turn on. The relay didn't come with the wiring harness. Also do I need the isolation switch, since I'm only running one locker?
I only got one switch.
Will have to check on this Friday. The only other thing I need to do is finish wiring the lights up on top.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attention Ray and ARB ?'s

Ray, the isolation switch should have come with the compressor. It is needed because your little tank needs to be fully charged in order to get a good ammount of initial air to the locker for a good engagement. I would call ARB and have them FEDEX you the relay and the switch. Without these, they won't work. The locker also comes w/ very completer instructions. It includes wiring diagrams and all that. Find those and it will be very beneficial to you. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll see if I can't fax you a copy.

Back