Truckhaven 2001!! | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2001!!

What channel are we monitoring

Hey Rick,Ray H.
What channel are we monitoring. I didn't see one listed on the itinary. Maybe we should pick one. Channel 1?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Ray Lobato
Hey Matt,
Are you going to send some T-shirts with one of your buddies and Toms lights? I was goin to get a T-shirt from you. I just won't be the same without Vegas and you.

Ray, I have limited sizes and colors available left. Let me know what color (black and white are your two choices) and your size preference, I'll see about shipping one along with Brett or Joe Dietz. Tom already has his lights, he should've got em about two weeks ago I think.

Matt,
I'll take a large black Please.

Darn you matt. I even cleaned my brothers room(well kinda) getting ready for you to stay over on the way to T-haven. Gees.......some people. :)

Don't worry about it though. It needed cleaned anyways. See ya next time.

Originally posted by Ray Lobato
Matt,
I'll take a large black Please.

sorry bud, no can do. Here's the sizes and quantities i have available still:
Black - XXL - 3 (had someone planning on purchasing a few but never did)
White - XXL - 2
White - XL - 3
White - L - 3

Leebo, sorry bud. :)

Ok, Then I guess I'll take one White Large T-shirt.

Don't worry about it...I just sent out the same invite to Brett anyways. So there. :p

Hey Matt,

You didn't count my XXLs in your numbers did you?

Originally posted by Char
Hey Matt,

You didn't count my XXLs in your numbers did you?
ok, down to 2 XXL Blacks and 1 XXL white shirt.

Well bad news for me. I wont be able to attend this year. Too many obligatory things coming up. Hopefully I can make it next year. Now I can use the gas money I was going to use for improvements!!

Raining!

Come prepaired.....it's been raining all day, and the heavy stuff is suppose to be here this weekend. Sounds like fun in the mud...but the evening will be interesting.

Weather

i thought it should be clearing by this weekend. Hopefully from the rain it will pack some of the soft sand down. Colin was saying that from their trip last weekend that it was sandyer(sp?) or is it sandier? than the prerun. I'm hoping that the rain does some good out there. IF conditions are the same as the prerun were going to need a water truck to go in front and lay down some water to keep all the dust down. :rolleyes:
We'll just have to see how far the Gopher can dig this trip. :eek: :smoke: :p all those faces sum it up.

Re: Raining!

Originally posted by BlueDogBandit
Come prepaired.....it's been raining all day, and the heavy stuff is suppose to be here this weekend. Sounds like fun in the mud...but the evening will be interesting.

Raining in T-Haven ? We got some very light drops this side of the valley around noon. (one swipe of the wipers was it) Maybe "it" will just blow on into Mexico. Otherwise, bring an extra roll of paper towels.
Pete

I cleaned my airfilter yesterday for the first time since doing hte pre-runs. It was dirtier than I had ever seen it! Just caked with dust.

Rick

Restaurant Mail

Rick,

I don't know weather you've recieved my e-mail about restaurants.(still a lot of "operator error"" on this terminal) My sister told me of a Chinese Buffet and she should be calling me back this afternoon or this evening with a couple more options.

Otherwise, the whether is absoulutly perfect today and I expect it to hold, after all people have been planning this event for months.

(Yes Char, the spellings were intentional)
Pete

Guys, I'm in a little pickle here. As some of you know, one of my interests in attending our Explorer get-togethers is to take pictures. I'm not modified, but I do go out with the stockers.
I would prefer to ride along with a Big Dog for at least one day (Saturday). Let's face it, they go where the photo ops are (or they make they're own). The last couple runs I rode with Matt Adams, but he decided not to go to Truckhaven. Rick offered me to ride along with him and Char, but I don't want to banish Char into the back of the Great Pumpkin.
Anybody got room in the passenger seat and a bag of camera gear to go with it? I'd sure appreciate it.
You can just e-mail or PM me.
Thanks.

[Edited by Peter Weber on 01-09-2001 at 07:31 PM]

Hey Peter,
You are more than welcome to ride with me.

Thanks, Ray. You're on.
Reading your message I remembered you saying something that Sandy had surgery. I sure hope she's doing OK with you running off for a week-end of wheeling.

sorry I won't be able to give you a ride this time Peter, I'll hopefully see you in Moab 2001 :). Ray seems nice enough though, heck hes probably a better driver then me too :). He probably won't take you off any ledges or anything :). Ic ould say something like "because he has many MANY more years driving experience then I" but I don't want him to yell at me :).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My passenger seat is also empty and sometimes in T-Haven, it's nice to have a second set of eyes. If there are any others that want to ride, I have the space.

Back