Truckhaven 2002 Discussion | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2002 Discussion

Ray Hutchinson is a youngster compared to some of us.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dad is..i know this is bad that i cant remember the exact number. But i do believe that my dad is 65. Its hard to believe, be he really is.

Hey everyone! I'm 23, so add me to the list of youngins! Will anyone be doing some easy trails? Is anyone headed out Thusday?

ALSO, I'm totally stock right now (2001 XLT), what basic Mods should I do by then??!?!?!?!?! Please advise!

Thanks,
Xplodor (2 trannys to prove it!)

Well guys, I hope you all have fun.

I need to save the vacation day for moving into my new house in Feb.

Have fun!

i will see everyone there....i thought my truck wasnt going to be fixed by thaven time but it comes out of the shop on thursday...hopefully....the shop already has the front clip off..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Xplodor
what basic Mods should I do by then??!?!?!?!?! Please advise!

C.B., tow points front and rear, and figger out how to disconnect your swaybars!

bill, i wont have front hooks by then but..i will have no bumper and exposed framerails....will those work?

I killed one of my tires this weekend when I was out wheelin. I hope I can replace it by Truckhaven or else I may not make it. If any local guys have some 31X10.5s they want to get rid of for little $ let me know. I was so proud of my X, it did stuff I never thought it would do. The Jeepers were amazed that I was even there. (Until I was parked at the side of the road doing some repairs.) I LOVE THIS X. :bounce:

Ok, just bought a CB, will set up tow points. Will try to purchase Qwik Connects for my front and rear sway bar.

OFFROADKC, or anyone else, can someone email quick directions on how to do a torsion twist and install the warrior shackels, or send me a link if it's already on the web. It will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Looks like I will only be making the sunday run. Need to go up to fresno right beforehand so we will see. I am planning on coming out Sunday morning and bringing my cousin with me. I will be there till around 4-5 sunday I have to leave to have her back in time for school Monday.

Matt

No Tom Davis??

I guess you got a house??

Tom, can you map out the route to the public park with the showers and send it to me?? Or just tell me how to get there, and I'll map it out. Went looking for them last time, only found a public bathroom, but no showers. You can e-mail me if you want
"BRSKennedy@Juno.com".

eXploder, if you have tow points front and rear, and sway bar disconnects, you should do alright.

Xploder,

Here are some pictures of giving my 2001 Sport Trac the Warrior shackles and Torsion Twist lift:
http://www.sporttrac4x4.com/aquaman/2inchlift.htm

08110001.JPG

I hope these pictures help you understand how to do it.

Regards,
John

Re: No Tom Davis??

Originally posted by BKennedy
I guess you got a house??

Yes.

Tom, can you map out the route to the public park with the showers and send it to me?? Or just tell me how to get there, and I'll map it out. Went looking for them last time, only found a public bathroom, but no showers.

If I remember correctly, it's the public pool. Was there a pool where you found the bathrooms at?

When we was there, portions of it was locked down.

HEY GUYS!!!

Thanks for ALL the help. I ordered the shackles from Desert Rat ($53.00 inc. shipping to So Ca). I will try to do the install next weekend. All the links have been very helpful, I want to thank you guys for taking the time to write about them and take pictures. Hopefully by this summer I can return the favior when I buy the 4" Trailmaster Suspension and do the install.

So when is evenyone getting there? I want to get there EARLY Friday if not Thursday afternoon, but I don't want to be alone, and set up camp somewhere that no one else will be.

Also, does anyone have the GPS coordinates to the Truck Haven turnoff from the main road, that way I don't miss it. =(

Thanks,
Ron

I know we will be there on Thursday, probably early afternoon.

I know I already posted this on the potluck board but I need someone to bring a second crock pot for her beans. If you liked the MAC salad last year, you will expell gas with a smile over these baked beans. They are great. If anyone has a crock pot they can bring I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Arrive

We should be pulling in about noon Friday.:confused:

I'll be arriving Thursday. So will Rick and Char. Who else. Let's make a list.

Tom FAKRWEE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are there any deep water crossings at Truckhaven?

Back