Truckhaven 2002 Discussion | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2002 Discussion

I'll be posting signs with arrows. They will have red and white reflective tape strips for those coming in at night.

We will have a large orange "Serious Explorations" sign out at the campsite.

Take N. Marina Dr. until the pavement ends, continue until the road forks, bare right at the base of the hill. Go through a small dip in the road and we will be camped just passed that on the right (If we can get that spot). If not follow the signs...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by jimabena74
rockranger(matt) can you get me some directions to thaven like the ones you gave me to los coyotes? i am totally lost and have no clue to where it actually is... my area code is Fremont, CA 94536....

jimabena - it's

1) Take I-680 to I-580
2) Take I-580 east, to South I-5 (Modesto)
3) South I-5 to East I-210 (this is long - about 210+ miles)
4) East I-210 to East I-10
5) East I-10 to South SR86 Expressway
6) SR86 Expressway to North Marina Dr - turn right, away from the lake.

As you come down SR86, the washes are marked. Some of the washes as you go over them are Big, Coral, Palm Wash. North Marina Drive is south of Palm Wash - if you get to SR22, you went too far.

The town is Truckhaven, CA

Also - if your coming in on I-10, the SR86 Expressway is open all the way now! it's a 4lane divide hiway, so it's fast now.

Ken,

When are you going out? I will probably leave Thurs morning sometime. If you get your truck done, you want to caravan out there? I live in So Cali (Riverside).

That goes for anyone else out my way.

Speaking of airing up, I have a CO2 tank I use to air up my Jeep when I'm done with the trails, I'm not to keen on bringing it in the Xplodor, so does anyone have an air system I can use to inflate my stockie tires? Would be much appreciated. I'm going to look into getting the Quick Air 3 system for the Xplodor, but that's a few months away. =(

Hey All,

I'm a newbie to these events. And since this is a long trip for me, I'm trying to figure out how many miles I'll be driving. I can figure out the to and from distances just fine.
But, my question to you is, what do you think the average miles are for each day when you are at Truckhaven?

Regards,
John

Originally posted by Aquaman

what do you think the average miles are for each day when you are at Truckhaven?

Probably 10 miles or so...

Like auquaman i'am also a newbie,
I have 85% of Gerald's List...I have all the required stuff.

Is there any gas station's out there or should we bring our own?(gas)

What is the best way to Truckhaven from San Diego?

Yes, there is a gas station/grocery about 3 miles from camp.

I'll be there friday morn between 8-9. Getting my truck prep'd this weekend.:hammer:

Originally posted by No-diggity23

What is the best way to Truckhaven from San Diego?

where in san dieo are you coming from. if in san diego/ elcajon area go to romona take 78 east towards julian go to santa ysabel take a left on 79 north go about 15 miles go right on S2 take that to 78 again take a left go about 35 miles on 78 till you hit 86 take a left go noth about 15 miiles to north marina drive take a left and follow the signs.

Matt

Thanks Matt I'am in the Southbay (Chula Vista)
See you there!

Well, I hate to say it, but I'm not going to be able to make it this year. :( I've still got a ton of stuff to do on my truck, and I just plumb ran out of money. Unfortunately, she's not gonna be ready in time. I hope you guys have fun and please take lots of pictures...

Hix, sorry you had to lose your travelin partner :(

matt, since you got me great directions last time..can you please get me directions to thaven? my address is 330 sunnyslope dr, fremont,ca 94536....thanks....

Jim go to www.mapquest.com click on driving directions and put in starting point as your house and the finish put salton City CA. that will get you close. 2 miles before you get to salton cty look for north marina drive take a right and follow the signs rick puts out.

Matt

I'm getting stoked! The only thing I wont have that I should have is front tow hooks. Anyone have any ideas.

"4WD Challenged"

I will make the drive out from Riverside, CA (UCR area) with Starsailor whatever day he decides to drive out. He sold his Explorer and bought a Nissan 4X4, so he is hoping you guys will be nice to him! Rockranger, I will try and find my parts at the local dealership and if money permits, I will be ready to roll...

TwoToneFordExpl,

You should still come out if you can afford it. There is always open seats and you can ride along. I know that's not nearly as much fun, but you'll get to meet new people, sit around the fire drinking beer (if you like), and having pissing contests. How in the world could you miss all that fun?!!! :D

Originally posted by Positive Vibes
I'm getting stoked! The only thing I wont have that I should have is front tow hooks. Anyone have any ideas.
I was on the off-road.com website the other day and ran across some brackets that bolt on to the bumper, thought you might be interested.
heres the website addy: www.griffinrecovery.com

IMPORTANT!!!

As it stands right now TwoToneFordExpl is not coming. He had signed up to bring the cake. Is there somebody who hasn't signed up for the potluck who could bring the cake. It should say something about Serious Explorations, TruckHaven 2002, or Third Annual. These are just ideas you don't have to use any or all.

Char, You know what , I can bring the cake.
I'll bring the cake instead of Chili beans.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would love to join you guys and bring out the FX4. Unfortunately, if I go, it will probably only be for the day on Saturday or Sunday, because of work (Monday and Tues are my days off). I can leave here at 6:30am when I get off of work and meet you guys down there. What time do the runs and such start?

--Sean

Back